why doesn't UPS make delivery on Jewish Holidays ?

bluexxx

Today i was expecting very important 2 packages from UPS and i saw exception notice and called UPS customer center by the way i live in Boro Park, Brooklyn NY and they told me UPS doesn't make delivery just because of Jewish Holiday, It is not Federal Holiday but they don't make delivery .. then i asked to speak with supervisor and field manager called me and she said the same thing, after i started to complain about it UPS field Manager hanged up the phone..

Is it legal ? can i take legal action ?

What i got from this, UPS dont give ***** for other people and they don't make deliveries on Jewsih Holidays !

packageguy

I don't know who you spoke to, we were delivering all day in jewish areas, the best part is you don't sign because of sabbath, or holiday. Your driver could of sheeted as holiday. Again because you don't sign because of holiday.

texan

Today i was expecting very important 2 packages from UPS and i saw exception notice and called UPS customer center by the way i live in Boro Park, Brooklyn NY and they told me UPS doesn't make delivery just because of Jewish Holiday, It is not Federal Holiday but they don't make delivery .. then i asked to speak with supervisor and field manager called me and she said the same thing, after i started to complain about it UPS field Manager hanged up the phone..

What i got from this, UPS dont give ***** for other people and they don't make deliveries on Jewsih Holidays !

I do not know the validity of your complaint.
I wish I had a tracking number. But that exposes your home address and I do not want it on this forum.
Jewish populations in the US are so small and localized.
Certain zips in NY City and areas of Pittsburg and perhaps Jersey might be affected, I do not know for certain.

It might be a local Center policy.

This day is the most Holy Day for a lot of Jewish people. It is Yom Kippur.

The small Jewish population is supposed to off and the businesses are closed for some.

Just sharing, I do not know the local or UPS policy for this, but in case you wonder, this might be why.

Shalom
texan (a UPSer with Jewish background)

hitsomebody

That guy that wears brown
Sure legal action, sounds like a good idea there Sparky. Considering Boro Park is one of the largest Jewish enclaves outside of Israel, what did you expect? So were these "important" packages going to your home or place of employment? And if you found the notice, then they made an attempt. You'll get it tomorrow.

iruhnman630

CALL THE COPS! LAWYER UP!

No, today is not a UPS recognized holiday. By 'exception notice' do you mean an info notice left on your door? If so, the delivery attempt was made.

If you are a buisiness maybe you were listed as closed today.

over9five

Staff member
I used to have a synagogue on my route, and the woman in the office would tell me ahead of time not to deliver on this day. It would be an insult.

UPSGUY72

UPS can do what ever it wants. You have no case go get a life.

worldwide

Today i was expecting very important 2 packages from UPS and i saw exception notice...

Today was not a holiday and from your own admission, UPS did attempt delivery and left you a notice notifying you of such.

UPS: Learn About the UPS InfoNotice

"We left you a UPS InfoNotice because no one was available when we tried to deliver your shipment. At the top, you'll see the date the UPS InfoNotice was left and whether it was the first, second, or final attempt. UPS makes up to three delivery attempts, excluding weekends and holidays.

The UPS InfoNotice number, located above the barcode, enables you to track your shipment, confirm delivery, reschedule the delivery date, arrange to pick up your shipment at a UPS Customer Center, have your shipment delivered to a different address, or return the shipment to the sender. From ups.com, enter your 12-digit UPS InfoNotice number in the Tracking or InfoNotice Numbers field, and follow the instructions."

Camping Nana

I don't mean to step on any toes, but ..... possibly the OP didn't receive any notice of attempted delivery. I have tracked packages when they didn't arrive when I expected them. In the tracking info, sometimes if it isn't delivered, there is a comment that states: "exception" or "exception notice." I too have had to call to find out what this meant.

As far as this being a UPS holiday - I agree with other posters, it was probably in an area that is primarily Jewish and the local center has made the decision not to deliver to that area to avoid offending anyone. Just a guess.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
How (and why) do customers go through the trouble of finding, and creating an account on a public forum like this, just to post their displeasure to people that have no control over their situation? Seems kind of odd to me...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How (and why) do customers go through the trouble of finding, and creating an account on a public forum like this, just to post their displeasure to people that have no control over their situation? Seems kind of odd to me...

Same reason that UPS employees post their displeasure to people that have no control over their situation.

rod

Retired 22 years
So if it isn't a recognized UPS holiday I don't see why one or two little areas are supposedly shut down. Around here 99% of the people go fishing on (or at least want to) on the fishing opener (same thing opening week of deer hunting) but we never got the day off. So the area was big time Jewish -- big deal--why would the center shut down all together?

P.S. Can I sue for all those fishing and hunting openers I missed in my rookie years?

iruhnman630

particularly the criminal question. At worst this is a service failure. Criminal? A bit over reacting, no?

DS

Fenderbender
Paid-over,I think that they google ups,and find 3 main hits.
ups.com,browncafe,and adds for some big server type thingy called a ups.
Getting little to no gratification,they move on to the bc,the best ups site on the internet.
Where they again get little to no gratification,but generally stick around anyway.
Speaking of odd,that avatar of yours creeps me out.