Why is UPS forcing overtime on drivers in the summer?

Billy

I filed a lot too. I was told that it was my fault that I am over 9.5 Apparently it's my fault that I have a bad load every day, and 200 stops with 150 miles. They actually took time allowance away from my route too. To make it look like they weren't sending me out with a plan of 11 hour days. I have one of the furthest routes from my center so there's never any help available either. I have a great steward but the local doesn't seem to back us anymore. They're never around to force the contract issues...I can't wait for election time to roll around. That is if it's not "fixed"

705red

Browncafe Steward
The day someone from IE runs my route using the methods at scratch will be the day i start caring about the numbers!

Braveheart

One stop at a time. Do not speed or run and get hurt or in an accident. Keep filing, many grievances take months and some a year or longer. They are playing the waiting game.

Take lunch in middle of day. Stop burning your cell minutes to help them, use the diad. Sometimes running a misload at end of day not so bad. There numbers will not like it in the end. Running a business misload in the middle of the day will mess up numbers as well or they may say not to causing a miss.

Never sheet a box ni1 or cl1 to avoid a miss for you or for management. It is falsifying records. Managers tell us to do it to make there numbers look better. No way! Use your sick days and 8 hour requests wisely too.

Sup working grievances help as well.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
I think it's time for some job action aka wildcat strike. The company is out of control. No unloaders, late starts, late loads, too much OT, splits and add/cuts with no rythm or reason, wasted miles, misloads out the butt, service failures, blowing SSI accts. Every problem caused directly by mgmnt. decisions. Are they that blind or just don't care. They are supposed to be partners. I'm scared for the future. The BM

Well said

Overpaid Union Thug

We've been heavy for the past three weeks. I get a kick out of watching the min/max counts go up and down each day. How could the same route have three different plans and stop counts but the same exact areas every day? Last time I checked delivering a particular stop on Monday didn't take any longer or any less time than delivering the same stop on Tuesday. But the computer sure seems to think so. This is hilarious.