Why UPS is superior in one photo

HedleyLamarr

20230415_134926.jpg

When is the last time anyone has seen a wrecked UPS truck left out to rot? This is one of a half dozen I see on a daily basis.

Commercial Inside Release

Depends on the center manager, and the next up the chain of command. There are plenty of brown trucks left to rot. They haul them away in batches, after a few years.

Look around back of any center.

vantexan

Fedex is so beneath UPS in every way that it’s downright comical.
One thing that FedEx is superior on is the ability to transfer. I've worked in some amazing areas because of it. Of course amazing areas tend to be a lot more expensive so getting out of such areas is a plus too.

AB831

One thing that FedEx is superior on is the ability to transfer. I've worked in some amazing areas because of it. Of course amazing areas tend to be a lot more expensive so getting out of such areas is a plus too.
That is a really good point. Wonder if it’ll still be that way post-merger.

!Retired!

I wouldn't be where I am today if I couldn't transfer. I'd be stuck in NYC 🤮

HedleyLamarr

Thats at a body shop, no doubt waiting for front end parts that are on back order.. probably mostly because AMZ vehicles getting wrecked.
In some cases, that is probably true, but there are some FedEx Home delivery trucks on my route that have been sitting in a junk yard for at least 3 years now, and they are easily visible from the highway. UPS does not leave wrecked trucks out in plain site for the public to see. For that matter, Express doesn't either. Our wrecked trucks are behind the station, out of the public eye.

SmithBarney

That is a really good point. Wonder if it’ll still be that way post-merger.
I doubt it.. I imagine through attrition the former Express routes will go up for bid to the contractors. FedEx doesn't want too much bad press and laying everyone off right now and telling them they can work for a contractor if they want, would be :censored2:ty. So if 30-40% of couriers remain it'll probably be 5-6 years and that number will dwindle.