Why were you so overallowed?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I guess this is the new flavor of the month. Every day for the past week, our center manager lurks around the Orion computer area (which is where drivers happen to enter the building) with his productivity report in hand and casually strikes up these awkward conversations with drivers.

After a few clumsy attempts at trying to be relatable, he inevitably gets to the question that's been plaguing him: "so, uh, bad day out there yesterday huh? Was there something that caused you to be [insert number] overallowed? He then compares things like sporh trends, spc, pickup compliance, total mileage etc. in an attempt to understand why these particular drivers, which Orion said would be done and back to building by 17:30, are punching out at 19:30.

The younger drivers scramble to come up with some sort of flustered excuse while the veteran drivers say things along the lines of "yup, some days are worse than others." The real old timers don't even acknowledge his existence.

Is this going on anywhere else? I figure it will blow over and next month they'll be harping on backing speed and space cushions.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was never in their specs. told them to have a ride along so the ORS could show me how it was done. They took me up on it one time and my day was an extra 45 minutes with the supe with me. ( did everything exactly by the book )

rarely bothered me after that.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I was never in their specs. told them to have a ride along so the ORS could show me how it was done. They took me up on it one time and my day was an extra 45 minutes with the supe with me. ( did everything exactly by the book )

rarely bothered me after that.
Did anything happen if your choreography ran longer than the song?

ManInBrown

Sorry Mr. center manager. I don’t talk before the start time and I don’t talk about anything performance related without my steward. And by the way, what does overallowed mean?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We had our center manager come up to one of our 25+yr drivers and ask him about his over allowed. He looked the center manager in the eyes and goes, “you know I wake up every morning thankful that I don’t give a :censored2: about your numbers” the manager turns around and goes back to his office. Good times we have here. Lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I guess this is the new flavor of the month. Every day for the past week, our center manager lurks around the Orion computer area (which is where drivers happen to enter the building) with his productivity report in hand and casually strikes up these awkward conversations with drivers.

After a few clumsy attempts at trying to be relatable, he inevitably gets to the question that's been plaguing him: "so, uh, bad day out there yesterday huh? Was there something that caused you to be [insert number] overallowed? He then compares things like sporh trends, spc, pickup compliance, total mileage etc. in an attempt to understand why these particular drivers, which Orion said would be done and back to building by 17:30, are punching out at 19:30.

The younger drivers scramble to come up with some sort of flustered excuse while the veteran drivers say things along the lines of "yup, some days are worse than others." The real old timers don't even acknowledge his existence.

Is this going on anywhere else? I figure it will blow over and next month they'll be harping on backing speed and space cushions.

here’s your standard reply

I’am doing the best I can

everytime he bugs you about it

OKLABob

Lol they try to talk about it in our pcms and someone will yell out “when did the union start recognizing over and under allowed”. I got one of those centers that 9/10 drivers hate managers and argue every chance they get. I even show up 20 minutes early because it’s free comedy every morning I love it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My dispatcher thinks he can give me a certain number of stops and expects me to do it in the same amount of time every time. Hmmmm..... You can only handle 1 variable at a time? Ok, well, get back to me when you can figure in the dozens of other variables I have to deal with every day that determine how long it takes to do the job.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

You done? Get my steward.
Luca_Brasi.gif

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Don't talk to him unless you are punched in.
Don't talk to him unless he is wearing a Name Tag that identifies him as Management.
Don't talk to him about unrecognized production standards.

Ignore him

File a grievance for harassment.

rod

Retired 22 years
They learn that the first day of management school. What took you so long yesterday?- is management speak for Good Morning.

Siveriano

I did my best.
Idk what that means?
Does that mean now ill get a bonus for the overallow time?
I get pay to deliver packages so I delivered packages.
I only deliver packages Idk and Idc about what those numbers mean.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I did my best.
Idk what that means?
Does that mean now ill get a bonus for the overallow time?
I get pay to deliver packages so I delivered packages.
I only deliver packages Idk and Idc about what those numbers mean.
I'm still friends with some managers and love to email them when I get another pension check.

will ask them about those numbers.