Why? Why is it so important to put X amount of stops in helper DIAD?

bouns whore

The only good thing about the old diad is at 4:58 I can sheet all my biz NI anywhere on route with no gps, also doesnt show on the report for recording while driving or idling, not that I would ever do that :)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My guess is that they have all these old DIAD 3s sitting around so why not put them to their intended use when not being used as door stops, paper weights, chock blocks, etc. By entering a few dozen stops in them, the company has a reason to keep them.

All of our diad 3's are gone. Everything we have now, drivers and jumpers, are diad 4's.

AssistantSanta

You actually use the two separate boards throughout the day?
We do but not every situation benefit from it.

We do and many stops are very close together, side-by-side as well as odds and evens, very long narrow driveways etc. So each of us are out doing different ones. Sometimes we knock out as much as five stops without moving the truck.

They're not always things I can leave on the door steps, so each of us having a DIAD is a life saver when unplanned things happen which often do.

Here's something we did a few days ago. Narrow private driveway that takes like 5 minutes round trip to walk and no room for the truck to turn around. A bag of clothing and a signature required Lenovo box.

If I didn't have the board, driver will have to do this himself and we'll have to drive together to the stops he knocked out while I was handling this on foot.

I got to the door, nobody was home so I left the bag and left that we'll try again on Monday notice that we all hate. I'm heading back out to the street and about half way out, guy drives in and says he was expecting that shipment. I did a dupe stop, got him to sign, kthxbye

If I got stuck there, the driver will have to go do that stop himself. We could have told him we tried already and see ya Monday as he wasn't home when I tried ,but since the guy saw me walking back out with his stuff, I'm sure he'll call 1-800-PickUPS and complain if we did that.

darkom

It probably has something to do with illustrating the productivity/value of the hub's helpers (which is silly. but they probably need SOMETHING). Whether that is to justify their employment, or next year's allowances (as someone said earlier) is the only real question. Who knows, there could be a bean counter at their accounting firm who justifies some write-off of the DIAD IIIs as long as he can illustrate they are used?