Why you should always try to follow procedure

Sum Gai

If you are a driver at some point in your career you will have to cover somebody else's route. Besides the "Where am I going and how do I get there?" problem the biggest problem you can run into is the normal driver does things the wrong way and people on that route expect you to do the same things they did.

By "wrong way" I mean things like driver releasing packages for businesses, forging signatures for businesses, and driver releasing packages at an apartment out in the open where anybody can take them (it can only be done if they sign up for my choice). I've heard and experienced situations where the driver gets yelled at by the customer for doing things the right way unlike their normal driver. In one case the cover guy who got yelled at by a customer for doing things the right way complained to management who was all too happy to ream the normal driver when he got back.

Long story short get a d@mn signature when you deliver to businesses or apartments.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Listen If I didn’t DR to apartments literally every single day I would probably lose my job. Someone wants to steal the package? Go for it. While they’re at it why don’t you get a secure package room, or parcel lockers? Imagine bringing back 60-100 pieces or more a day because you’re too chicken :censored2: to hit ShipRel and drop it at their door. Especially being a cover driver! Other guys will hate you for bringing them more work the next day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Listen If I didn’t DR to apartments literally every single day I would probably lose my job. Someone wants to steal the package? Go for it. While they’re at it why don’t you get a secure package room, or parcel lockers? Imagine bringing back 60-100 pieces or more a day because you’re too chicken :censored2: to hit ShipRel and drop it at their door. Especially being a cover driver! Other guys will hate you for bringing them more work the next day.
Hitting ship rel on a package that’s not shipped release? Quick way to get fired.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Go into a city with millions upon millions of people and sky scraper apartments and then tell me that. This is what they train us to do here.
Exactly how a coworker of mine got fired.

If you want to dr stuff that’s one thing. You’ll only have to pay for missing packages. If you’re putting shipper release on packages that arent that’s falsifying records

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You must be new here

oldngray

nowhere special
Exactly how a coworker of mine got fired.

If you want to dr stuff that’s one thing. You’ll only have to pay for missing packages. If you’re putting shipper release on packages that arent that’s falsifying records
UPS might turn a blind eye for a while. Until someone has a claim. Then its all on the driver.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Go into a city with millions upon millions of people and sky scraper apartments and then tell me that. This is what they train us to do here.

3292B094-FD0E-43CF-AF64-FA37FE58A1B3.gif

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It’s route to route, man. Some apartments I’ll dr the crap out of every single package. Others; no friend’in way

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
UPS might turn a blind eye for a while. Until someone has a claim. Then its all on the driver.
I’m not new here and DFUs are not uncommon in my center. I love how creative you guys get when it comes to rules. Every city every local and every building is different. I have never paid for a package that went missing, and literally never even been talked to about DFUs; simply because with this many people in a city it is going to happen. Period.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I’m not new here and DFUs are not uncommon in my center. I love how creative you guys get when it comes to rules. Every city every local and every building is different. I have never paid for a package that went missing, and literally never even been talked to about DFUs; simply because with this many people in a city it is going to happen. Period.
If you follow the rules you won't pay for packages. Bend them and DR something you shouldn't, then yes you could be buying that package.

Some areas will have tons of claims. Doesn't matter as long as long as they were good DRs.

542thruNthru

Why are you not able to driver release instead of having to shipper release?

Think about the answer to that question and you just might realize how stupid you're being.

I was wondering the same thing. I rarely if ever have to use shipper release. I deliver to Apts all damn day too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you follow the rules you won't pay for packages. Bend them and DR something you shouldn't, then yes you could be buying that package.

Some areas will have tons of claims. Doesn't matter as long as long as they were good DRs.

Supervisor on the truck ?

delivey-1.png

Good "driver release"....

:biggrin: