Will amaz swallow ups?

wilberforce15

Sure. If “cherry picking” includes electronics, shoes, clothing, and a few others that are quite costly. Inexpensive and cheap (as in lower quality) items are great for Amazon but that’s not what we’re talking about here. Amazon “Pantry” sucks so bad very few stick with it. Unless you really utilize their streaming services there realty is no need to pay for “Prime.” Two day shipping isn’t any real ground breaking benefit nowadays. Same day delivery? HA! It’s not like you’re ordering life saving medical equipment or medicine.
Pantry sucks.

Anything under 10-20 bucks is overpriced.
Over that, they're a basic retailer, with average prices (including electronics, shoes, and clothing you mention) with fantastic returns, 5% for binge-users, and 0 thought required. That's worth something.

JL 0513

I like it at ups. I just started pre peak. So like 5 months. I load a ton of amazing packages and when the new fulfillment center opens I feel like there will be cuts to employees and stuff. But what's everyone's thoughts. Will Amazon eat the ups in like 10 years? I'm trying to do my 25 and get paid to stay home. LoL
1st quarter 2022:

Amazon: $3.8B net loss.

UPS: $3.3B net profit.

Amy other questions?

JL 0513

Profit and loss aren't relevant.
Growth and market penetration or information assets are what is relevant.
Both are relevant. I was just making a point. The mighty Amazon isn't invincible. In the end, profit is what matters. If you aren't in a state of producing profits, you are merely backed by investors or loans.

wilberforce15

Both are relevant. I was just making a point. The mighty Amazon isn't invincible. In the end, profit is what matters. If you aren't in a state of producing profits, you are merely backed by investors or loans.
Amazon has basically never made much real profits, and is valued at 7x that of UPS, despite being 80 years younger or whatever.

Stock price growth is determined by revenue primarily.
There is nothing more reliable, in the long term, than revenue growth.

It went from 6 bucks to 2000 bucks in less than 20 years.

wilberforce15

Amazon could issue shares and buy all of UPS tomorrow, and it would cost them about 15% of their current market cap.

I am so amused by UPSers who think UPS is the big dog.

Overpaid Union Thug

Pantry sucks.

Anything under 10-20 bucks is overpriced.
Over that, they're a basic retailer, with average prices (including electronics, shoes, and clothing you mention) with fantastic returns, 5% for binge-users, and 0 thought required. That's worth something.
That zero thought is “worth” a rather large negative number for those of you that continue to shovel hard earned money at that tech/retail tyrant.

wilberforce15

UPS stock has basically gone 3x in 20 years, plus dividends.
Amazon has basically gone 50x to 100x, depending on where exactly you start, in roughly 20 years.