Will I get ripped working as a loader?

kgst

I've been working for about 3 weeks now and the trailer they put me in is brutal, I'm given about 1/2 heavy packages and 1/2 tires. Will I get stronger and look better if I keep loading?

curiousbrain

If it doesn't grow in the ground, don't eat it; if it tastes good, spit it out.

Start an aerobic regime to lose weight, which will emphasize the physique you do have/will gain.

After loading for six months (i.e. compound exercises), consider starting an isolation routine depending on how your body feels after UPS.

Another thread of interest: this.

Then again, don't take my word for it; do your own research, everyone is different.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've been working for about 3 weeks now and the trailer they put me in is brutal, I'm given about 1/2 heavy packages and 1/2 tires. Will I get stronger and look better if I keep loading?

Really? Are you of the opinion the Chicken of the Sea has chicken in the can?

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Absolutely...

Hello HR - what in the world..

over9five

Staff member
As I have found out, it is Feeder driving that will get you that Greek God body that you've dreamed of having. Give me a call, me CB handle is Adonis.

Nimnim

The Nim
As I have found out, it is Feeder driving that will get you that Greek God body that you've dreamed of having. Give me a call, me CB handle is Adonis.

Damn you Over! I never want the sensation of rum going through my nose again.

Ok, to the OP, of course you can get stronger and look better. It all depends on what you start with though. Gotta say though, if you're looking to lose weight, get into the unload that's some cardio.

clueless

Start an aerobic regime to lose weight, which will emphasize the physique you do have/will gain.

After loading for six months (i.e. compound exercises), consider starting an isolation routine depending on how your body feels after UPS.

Another thread of interest: this.

Then again, don't take my word for it; do your own research, everyone is different.

Agree with most of this--as far as 'cardio' try HIIT instead steady state aerobics--it's more effective for shedding fat and getting 'ripped.'

To OP there's a difference between getting stronger and getting ripped. You might get stronger because of lifting boxes at your job, but you won't necessarily get 'ripped' if the muscles are covered with a layer of fat. That's where diet comes into play. You can't out-train a crappy diet.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the physical work at UPS is really too-drawn out for proper exercise, but the best way you can take advantage of it is to bring in a protein shake to work and drink it while you work

throw in some high intensity cardio after work, and a calorie maintenance or deficit, and you should start seeing results

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

this is simply pointless advise, there is absolutely no harm in unprocessed meats, cheeses, milk, eggs, etc.

not saying to go out and stuff your face with McDonalds, but the above is not much better

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Sure, you will lose weight and tone up. Plus the weight you lift, up and down, will increase core, upper body and for sure your legs. You will become an unimagenable beast, in time though. Look at some of the preloaders legs, they are ripped from all the walking. A lot of strong backs here at UPS.

As for unload, ahh its alright. I've done it and was bored as heck. Not too intense as preload demands. That is if your breaking down cages with tons of weighted packages all the way in the back, lifting it over all other things then walking 10, 15 feet to its place in order.

I knew a guy working in a PD, he was 320 and a cover driver. Brought into the preload to work some hours. In about 3 months he lost 70 pounds. Imagen years of the same thing. Just eat well like calories to burn, protein to replace and other intakes of a healthy nature to substain a track towards a healthier looking body. Oh yea, stay away from the beer!

kgst

Sorry I should have clarified ny situation more. I'm not really fat, I'm 5'11" - 165lbs but my arms are skinny, and I just dont look good or muscular at all. Has anyone been in the same situation? Will loading make me look stronger, or just skinner?

Asinine

Well, I've been in 3 months now, and I can say I've been "toned" up a bit so far, and a little bit stronger. Mind you, I'm 6'2 and weigh about 160, so I'm still far away from being big. But I have noticed that with my increased calorie intake, not much is being converted into fat as it is being toned over time. If that makes sense. If you use the simple "take in more than you put out", you shouldn't have much of a problem keeping or gaining weight/muscle while working there.

matter

I ve been in the feeder for almost a year, since then Ive lost about 35lbs of fat. My biggest problem is taking in enough food to keep me going in the day. Just need to make sure you eat properly and you should see results within a few months.

brownedout

Sorry I should have clarified ny situation more. I'm not really fat, I'm 5'11" - 165lbs but my arms are skinny, and I just dont look good or muscular at all. Has anyone been in the same situation? Will loading make me look stronger, or just skinner?

Not so sure this is possible any longer with all the "eyes" watching, and realizing production demands take place inside as well as out. However try to lift as many packages using an exercise specific movement as possible. For instance, the tires you speak of, if unmounted grasp the inner edges and curl it 6-8 times while walking with it. Over 70 18" cubes are great for squats, it's just you need to be unbothered for 20 seconds or so to get a good amount of reps in. Do what works for you. The job alone won't do it however, you're going to have to do some sort of fitness regiman on your own time. Lots of luck!

UPSGUY72

No your won't get ripped. You might lose some weight but than again you might not. There is a guy in my build that works on an 8 hours preload loading cars and he weighs around 400 lbs. He isn't ripped and isn't losing any weight.