Will I have to pay back my vacation after I retire??

tourists24

The 1800 is the number needed (in the central) to qualify as a year of pension credit.
I'm in the Atlantic Supplement. It appears that after 150 days you're covered for the following year for vacation coverage . Pension language gets confusing to read but looks like after 1801 hours you get full years credit, but monthly contributions can be limited if you have leave or an off the job injury (disability claim)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm in the Atlantic Supplement. It appears that after 150 days you're covered for the following year for vacation coverage . Pension language gets confusing to read but looks like after 1801 hours you get full years credit, but monthly contributions can be limited if you have leave or an off the job injury (disability claim)
If you're in the Atlantic you should have all your vacation earned by Sept unless you take a lot of unpaid days off.

trickpony1

And the point was?
Read post #23 slowly.
Hint:
My friend didn't have to do anything in appreciation of the "tuff guy" winning a large grievance for him.
In fact, the "tuff guy" commented, "no one has ever done this before" when handed the gift card.

You decided to minimize the gesture by discounting the $100 as if it wasn't enough.
Would $200 be better? $300?, $400?
Something is better than nothing.

Negotiate your ego.

satellitedriver

Read post #23 slowly.
Hint:
My friend didn't have to do anything in appreciation of the "tuff guy" winning a large grievance for him.
In fact, the "tuff guy" commented, "no one has ever done this before" when handed the gift card.

You decided to minimize the gesture by discounting the $100 as if it wasn't enough.
Would $200 be better? $300?, $400?
Something is better than nothing.

Negotiate your ego.
I read #23 , every consonant and syllable.
Negotiate my ego?
Lost my ego over 40yrs ago.
When I have a grievance it rarely is solved by money.
As far as gestures, just last week in Houston, Tx in a Kroger store a young(18yr old) man cashier was bagging and checking when he stopped and opened a carton of eggs to make sure there was not a broken one before he put them in the bag.
That was the customer before me.
Before he checked me out I handed him a $20 bill and he asked me what was this for?
I just said I saw what you did and few would do it.
That's the way I gesture.
That young man earned my respect and I rewarded him.
I well remember when I was his age when that amount of money would be a God send.
He earned that money by caring about his job.
Seeing his smile lifted my ego.
Demanding recompense and earning it are on different sides of the ledger, in my book.

Karma...

it used to be that your last working day was say in January and ran out your vacations and such so your actual retirement was when those weeks/days were up.......the suits in Atlanta saw an opportunity to screw with tradition yet again and changed it to what it is now...........carol should go back to the old way thereby people will go out on a positive note.....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
it used to be that your last working day was say in January and ran out your vacations and such so your actual retirement was when those weeks/days were up.......the suits in Atlanta saw an opportunity to screw with tradition yet again and changed it to what it is now...........carol should go back to the old way thereby people will go out on a positive note.....
Why would she care about that?

That's complete BS that they did that.

tourists24

What did they do? This is exactly how I have it lined up for next year. My last day is in April but retirement day is in June with all my weeks filling in that space