Will inflation delay UPSers Retirements?

vvv

135, 86 miles. Maybe 200 pcs? Mostly resi. Lots of flag lots, long driveways. Low stress. @MECH-lift would release dna if he could score such a route.
Your'e being too lenient on them my brother. :)

I'm sure it's not a bad route, but at 86 miles you can put a hurt on them a bit more and tweak those stops down.
Piece count is respectable.

clean hairy

I bought the house about 12 years ago...a pre civil war carpenter gothic, mint condition with all the modern upgrades, granite counter tops etc..etc. a ton of privacy.. next to a old grave yard.

Live in a small village 20 miles from a major city...if the kids do not want to live in it they could list it on Airbnb and make a killing.
That works out well, they make a killing and have a cemetery right next door.

DriverNerd

Not sure if you are doing your children a favor by leaving them anything....
I have 6 children.
3 of them would probably be responsible with a nice inheritance
3 of them it may ruin their lives.

Not sure what we are gonna do.
My dad already told me that in his will everything goes to me because he doesn't trust my sister with any of it. He still loves her, he's just not blind to the situation.

Up In Smoke

My dad already told me that in his will everything goes to me because he doesn't trust my sister with any of it. He still loves her, he's just not blind to the situation.
If your dad hasn't already moved his wealth into a trust, with you as trustee, it might be a good idea to suggest it. Wills are ok, but the trust is a much better option.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I know lots of people who do
Our local paper is so thin it's not worth buying. Part of the newspaper's trouble is their own doing. I would block of online access to non paying users. Also, the need to get back to reporting on the local level. If you look at local papers from years ago, they reported on everything.

Big Babooba

Perhaps if not all their ducks are in a row.

The biggest enemy to a lot of UPSers are all the toys they buy with the loans or re-financing their homes or divorce. It was almost comical to see the parking lot after a new contract was passed. New RV's , Harleys, dually's , talk of new homes, etc.

Getting near retirement is a time to buy down and scale down.
Divorce got me.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our local paper is so thin it's not worth buying. Part of the newspaper's trouble is their own doing. I would block of online access to non paying users. Also, the need to get back to reporting on the local level. If you look at local papers from years ago, they reported on everything.
The only reason I read the local paper is to see who died and also to find out if my wife wrote into DearAbby to complain about me.