Will inflation delay UPSers Retirements?

Up In Smoke

My house. My lawn. My pool! Worth every penny!
If I was to do it all again, I would have stayed in the duplex I bought when I was 19. I was led to believe home ownership was the best way to build wealth, but that's just not true anymore. I still own the duplex and it gives me passive income.

Up In Smoke

Accrued interest vs compound interest. We have convinced our kids to let their money's money make money and wait for us to kick off before becoming home owners.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Accrued interest vs compound interest. We have convinced our kids to let their money's money make money and wait for us to kick off before becoming home owners.

I read somewhere that you buy a house to live in not as an investment. I plan on leaving my home to one if my children when I kick the bucket 🪣.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Not sure if you are doing your children a favor by leaving them anything....
I have 6 children.
3 of them would probably be responsible with a nice inheritance
3 of them it may ruin their lives.

Not sure what we are gonna do.

Up In Smoke

It's how most rich families are
I'm the 3rd son of a 6 son family. My dad owned small construction company and we bought ingredients not food. Every dollar I have is from my wit or my work. UPS gave me the opportunity to invest in myself and good luck and good decisions have made it possible to pass my blessings to my children.

DELACROIX

But you're supposed to sell it and travel in an RV, wasting their inheritance as well. Then demand they take care of you

You haven’t meet my children.. ain’t going to happen..

Me and the misses took out long term health coverages 20 years ago... do not want to be kicked to the curve till I am 90.

DELACROIX

Why do you hate your children so much to do such a cruel thing to them ?

I bought the house about 12 years ago...a pre civil war carpenter gothic, mint condition with all the modern upgrades, granite counter tops etc..etc. a ton of privacy.. next to a old grave yard.

Live in a small village 20 miles from a major city...if the kids do not want to live in it they could list it on Airbnb and make a killing.

Hot Carl

We've had two 30+ year guys hang it up this year, one of them had his last day today. Couple more are right behind them.

So.....maybe?