Will there be a national strike at UPS?

Whither

Scofflaw

I found this a thought-provoking article and would suggest y'all pay close attention to the IBT's involvement in the railroad dispute. There are 57k Teamsters involved, e.g., nearly half of all the rail workers affected.

It's time to do what we can to bolster rank and file organization and strength. We need to be prepared to hold O'Brien and Zuckerman accountable to their promises.

35years

Gravy route

I found this a thought-provoking article and would suggest y'all pay close attention to the IBT's involvement in the railroad dispute. There are 57k Teamsters involved, e.g., nearly half of all the rail workers affected.

It's time to do what we can to bolster rank and file organization and strength. We need to be prepared to hold O'Brien and Zuckerman accountable to their promises.
The article gets just about everything correct.
Some here on BrownCafe expressed their suspicions at the time, that the whole O'Brien firing by Hoffa was a set-up so O'Brien would be a sure thing in the next election by "apparently"distancing himself from Hoffa.
Our local officers in the past were complete Hoffa supporters, even slandering the TDU leaders.

Amazing that the same Hoffa guys are an integral part of the OZ team now. Hmmmm.

In the words of THE WHO...Won't Get Fooled Again:

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by the bye
And a parting on the left
Is now a parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Whither

Scofflaw
Some here on BrownCafe expressed their suspicions at the time, that the whole O'Brien firing by Hoffa was a set-up so O'Brien would be a sure thing in the next election by "apparently"distancing himself from Hoffa.
Our local officers in the past were complete Hoffa supporters, even slandering the TDU leaders.

Amazing that the same Hoffa guys are an integral part of the OZ team now. Hmmmm.
Yep, even if the Hoffa Jr-O'Brien conflict wasn't staged, it's becoming clear the latter hasn't shed his long-training under the Hoffa administration. I have little confidence in him at this point. If O'Brien intended to stick up for the rank and file against "white collar criminals" and "crooked politicians" (as he loves to say) then he's missed a golden opportunity in these railroad negotiations. In fact, he spoke on the opening night of the BLET (Teamster railroaders) convention. Marty Walsh (Sec. of Labor) and Nancy Pelosi also got invites and spoke at that convention. Disgusting.

A few of us have begun trying to form a UPS rank and file committee in my local. We got a lot of people's contact info on our first flyering effort. Hopefully more to come. We've got to hold em accountable.

100%

Right now I can only go by what UPS I’d doing, and UPS is telling me there’s definitely gonna be a strike bc they’re calling out bluff.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

In the words of THE WHO...Won't Get Fooled Again:

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by the bye
And a parting on the left
Is now a parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

I expressed that opinion also.. that this election was just a 🐶 and 🐎 show...but what are we going to do ... you have to ride the horse that got you there...

“I hope we are all wrong”

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yep, even if the Hoffa Jr-O'Brien conflict wasn't staged, it's becoming clear the latter hasn't shed his long-training under the Hoffa administration. I have little confidence in him at this point. If O'Brien intended to stick up for the rank and file against "white collar criminals" and "crooked politicians" (as he loves to say) then he's missed a golden opportunity in these railroad negotiations. In fact, he spoke on the opening night of the BLET (Teamster railroaders) convention. Marty Walsh (Sec. of Labor) and Nancy Pelosi also got invites and spoke at that convention. Disgusting.

A few of us have begun trying to form a UPS rank and file committee in my local. We got a lot of people's contact info on our first flyering effort. Hopefully more to come. We've got to hold em accountable.
No doubt O’Brien is cozy with Walsh, those Boston boys are thick as thieves. Being raised in that area I can tell you that without a doubt.

Whither

Scofflaw
but what are we going to do ... you have to ride the horse that got you there...
Right, we're Teamsters -- we should be driving the horse, and not vice-versa. I am hoping the railroaders will lead this charge. If they lose/the IBT capitulates to the gov't and the rail companies, and they are forced to accept the same miserable working conditions, that bodes ill for us next year. The railroaders fight is our fight.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I hope Big Union Guy doesn't find out about this...