Will there be a national strike at UPS?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Nope. You just use the meaning that suits your narrative and disregard any other meaning.
Umm... do you know how to tell when to use which definition of a word that has multiple definitions? It's called context. We went over this. A word can't have multiple meanings in the same context. Sorry if that fact doesn't fit your narrative.

Never happened. But you’re welcome to keep arguing about it.

I'm not arguing. I'm explaining why you're wrong. You're welcome to keep pretending you didn't lose that argument you weren't having.

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
It is a lose lose for every union member in the country. We have a two party system. Only one of those parties says they care about unions, and they just proved by siding with the railroad companies that they do not.
Another dimension of this: the rail unions preferred to court Democrats rather than to organize for a strike. The unions are compromised. Let us not forget that there are 57k Teamsters in the rails. O'Brien has failed a serious test, as far as I'm concerned.

It's past time for us to get organized at UPS. We cannot blindly trust O'Brien to deliver on his promises. We will have to be prepared to hold his and the company's feet to the fire. Or else we are likely to be sold another bill of goods in 2023.

Trucker Clock

Umm... do you know how to tell when to use which definition of a word that has multiple definitions? It's called context. We went over this. A word can't have multiple meanings in the same context. Sorry if that fact doesn't fit your narrative.

I'm not arguing. I'm explaining why you're wrong. You're welcome to keep pretending you didn't lose that argument you weren't having.

You lost and are still arguing. I’m over it. I guess you’re not. So be it.

Thebrownblob

nWo

I mean Rubio was one of the 6 Republicans that voted for the sick days. He certainly isn't in the wrong here.

Thebrownblob

I mean Rubio was one of the 6 Republicans that voted for the sick days. He certainly isn't in the wrong here.
Yes, I’m saying I agree, but I’m also saying he’s a politician who knew his vote meant nothing, and had nothing to lose, but to make himself look like he cared. Sorry, I’m cynical.

TheDudeAbides92

The IBT and UPS are two sides of the same rotten coin just like the demicans and the republicrats. They’re only there to give you the illusion that you have any voice or representation

Thebrownblob

The IBT and UPS are two sides of the same rotten coin just like the demicans and the republicrats. They’re only there to give you the illusion that you have any voice or representation
I don’t know maybe some but the $6000 grievance check I just handed a member leads me to believe they are still some representation here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You lost and are still arguing. I’m over it. I guess you’re not. So be it.

I wasn't arguing, I was explaining reality. You started arguing when you came up with irrelevant points, then used definitions of words which supported what I was explaining. You claimed you weren't arguing, then gave a definition of arguing that proved the opposite. Now you are claiming to have won what you previously claimed was not an argument.

I have lost, though, in the sense that I failed to help someone grasp language concepts that used to be mandatory understanding to pass the 6th grade. The contract concepts are a little more advanced, so I don't blame myself for not successfully helping you understand how contracts work. Even the best teachers can't be blamed entirely for failing to help unwilling students, and I admit, I am not even a very good teacher. I accept my shortcomings, and work to improve.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree with you he is, although it’s very easy for him to do that right now since he knows he can’t do anything about it. It’s hard to know his real intentions.

At least I can agree with what he said in that the government shouldn't have gotten involved. Whether he believes any of that would probably require looking into his stances on other similar issues. I don't plan to do that at the moment.

Trucker Clock

I wasn't arguing, I was explaining reality. You started arguing when you came up with irrelevant points, then used definitions of words which supported what I was explaining. You claimed you weren't arguing, then gave a definition of arguing that proved the opposite. Now you are claiming to have won what you previously claimed was not an argument.

I have lost, though, in the sense that I failed to help someone grasp language concepts that used to be mandatory understanding to pass the 6th grade. The contract concepts are a little more advanced, so I don't blame myself for not successfully helping you understand how contracts work. Even the best teachers can't be blamed entirely for failing to help unwilling students, and I admit, I am not even a very good teacher. I accept my shortcomings, and work to improve.

Still arguing? Whatever.