will there be any language to stop future bonus for new hires

cachmeifucan

What Is Being Done About The Bonus they Are Still Giving out. Is that language taken out. I doubt it. So if 13$ a hour isn't enough in certain locations across the country they can't just give bonus to someone with less time in rank and fill and believe me 13 $ a hour isn't going to be enough in Chicago land area to retain any good help just enough to rotate in and out

mikejonesjr

I'd be pissed if someone was getting a bonus for being newer than me. But nothing you can do about it except demand more in raises now

What Is Being Done About The Bonus they Are Still Giving out. Is that language taken out. I doubt it. So if 13$ a hour isn't enough in certain locations across the country they can't just give bonus to someone with less time in rank and fill and believe me 13 $ a hour isn't going to be enough in Chicago land area to retain any good help just enough to rotate in and out
$13/hr is the minimum pay rate. Are you going to file a grievance for UPS wanting to pay more?

cachmeifucan

Yes I want a bonus if someone else with less time is getting 1 for showing up on time . That's the reason the contract addresses wages. We need to change that so it's fair across the board. People who were hired after September 2017 are making more money than someone hired September 2014. Three maybe 4 years how could that make sense to any union member. If you don't agree your management

cachmeifucan

At some buildings try are getting 125 a week for showing up every day on time divided by 25 hours a week adds 5 dollars a hour on top of the 10.35 they start at. It probably took most part time employee 7 years to get to 15

Yes I want a bonus if someone else with less time is getting 1 for showing up on time . That's the reason the contract addresses wages. We need to change that so it's fair across the board. People who were hired after September 2017 are making more money than someone hired September 2014. Three maybe 4 years how could that make sense to any union member. If you don't agree your management
Easy. Quit and get rehire at the lower rate and collect the bonus. Happy now?

Days

You have to vote no. I don't think you should be concerned about new hire bonuses though as much as you should be concerned about the loss of progression and no catch up raises for current part timers.

cachmeifucan

Maybe me bringing up real issues bothers you because you want it to pass almost as much as I want it to get voted down. I know it's not all released but the parts I saw suck. I'm voting no

Time for change

I would think giving money to one person and not another would be prohibited. Seems like that could get really out of control and obviously it’s not fair at all. Definitely need language on this.