will there be any language to stop future bonus for new hires

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What Is Being Done About The Bonus they Are Still Giving out. Is that language taken out. I doubt it. So if 13$ a hour isn't enough in certain locations across the country they can't just give bonus to someone with less time in rank and fill and believe me 13 $ a hour isn't going to be enough in Chicago land area to retain any good help just enough to rotate in and out

It is up to the discretion of the Company to pay anything more than what is in the contract. That bonus (show up on time, everyday of the workweek) underlines the FACT that the starting part time wages are sorry and by all accounts will be sorry for the next 5 years if this contract goes through. That practice of paying extra will disappear with these 22.4's and more 22.3's positions that are going to eliminate part time opportunities (if you can call that). These new full timers will be under more scrutiny with showing up on time, everyday and caring more about the quality of their work, they are actually trying to make a career out of it. So..if you are thinking that this bonus money, which is not in any language will continue you are fooling yourselves. That practice should of never been happening, it discriminates against the career full timers who show up everyday on time and gets nothing for being responsible. Really 125 extra a week to do your work, how apathetic.

They are currently advertising for feeder positions start pay 18.75, weekly bonus for showing up on time and not calling off of $675, so it is not confined to the part time workforce...Again that explains it all...

Nimnim

The Nim
Easy. Quit and get rehire at the lower rate and collect the bonus. Happy now?
Your a supervisor
No, just a PT Car Washer who sometimes have to bail out supervisors.
Bail them out so your a kss bass good boy you still won't get promoted.

@PT Car Washer isn't the person you want to poke at here. He's a red circled pter who's making that sweet driver pay because he was here before the tier between pt and ft began. He also understands that pters have been screwed and supports improvements for them.

That aside, there's nothing in the contract keeping the company from paying these bonuses, and I agree they should either be very temporary or given to all employees and not just new hires, so that would need to be addressed in the contract. I don't think the union really cares though because they're getting their initiation fees and dues from the new hires. Only thing I think the union would care about is if they could take a chunk of the bonus for dues as well.

Time for change

I wonder what the union would do if the bonus was for those that leave the union? What’s stopping the company from giving that kind of bonus? Non union workers start getting paid more....yea I bet the union steps in quick on that one.

Nike

You know all they had to do was give this bonus to everyone and they would have a ton of support, maybe our guys start showing up, and on time, but nahhh

cachmeifucan

If we don't change the language now in a year when we are a year in 13 won't be enough so bonus again. That bonus is probably going to cost them more because current low senority pt employees are mad new hires making more so how do you think they will vote.most of them probably wouldn't even vote now they are mad and have a reason to vote no

CoolStoryBro

If we don't change the language now in a year when we are a year in 13 won't be enough so bonus again. That bonus is probably going to cost them more because current low senority pt employees are mad new hires making more so how do you think they will vote.most of them probably wouldn't even vote now they are mad and have a reason to vote no

New hires don't have health insurance. Your health insurance is worth way more than they bonus paid to new hires.

cachmeifucan

So the people making 10.35 a hour getting 125 a week bonus are going to take a pay cut to 13 they should vote no just so they continue making 15 a hour IL be sure to put that on the vote no flier to get them to vote no

cachmeifucan

Well they started the bonus in my building in September so soon they will have the insurance also your helping me make my point and another idea to get more no votes.

WorkingAsDirected

What Is Being Done About The Bonus they Are Still Giving out. Is that language taken out. I doubt it. So if 13$ a hour isn't enough in certain locations across the country they can't just give bonus to someone with less time in rank and fill and believe me 13 $ a hour isn't going to be enough in Chicago land area to retain any good help just enough to rotate in and out

Negotiations for Local 705 begin on either the 9th or 10th of July