Will UPS CEO Carol Tome sacrifice for the team?

DMW

I have plenty of respect for many members of ops management. Respect is earned, I go out and earn it every day Doing the right things for the right reasons. I would not want my CMs job, and this comes from someone who was number two in management in my state for another Dow 30 company. I have managed an operation to a budget and made a profit. I’m not ignorant to business just because my office is a package car.

I’ve told my center manager many times I’m glad he does his job and I do mine.

I took one look at corporate culture at UPS and said “no”.
We pay our drivers more because we expect more out of them. Our drivers are 30% more productive than Federal Express. They need 30% more drivers, package cars etc. Jim Casey started time studies, cost analysis by hiring engineers 80 years ago. He believed in a militant style of operations. We have the best drivers in the world.

Over70irregs

We pay our drivers more because we expect more out of them. Our drivers are 30% more productive than Federal Express. They need 30% more drivers, package cars etc. Jim Casey started time studies, cost analysis by hiring engineers 80 years ago. He believed in a militant style of operations. We have the best drivers in the world.
Thx Caroline……

Over70irregs

Sounds like Sean got his licks in too. 😂
Sean got some jabs alright…….
“What do you make, Mr. O’Brien?” Mullin asked.
O’Brien said, “I’m glad you asked that question…” before the senator cut him off.
“I know what you make because in 2019, your salary was $193,000,” Mullin said.
The senator then claimed that the average UPS driver makes $35,000 a year. That’s inaccurate. That’s inaccurate,” O’Brien said. “State facts, state facts. That’s inaccurate.”
Mullin asked O’Brien what job has he created, “other than sucking the paycheck out of somebody else… you’re forcing them to pay dues.”
That lit a fire in O’Brien, who responded, “We don’t force anybody. You’re out of line, man.” Mullin: “Don’t tell me I’m out of line… Sir, you need to shut your mouth because you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
O’Brien: “You’re gonna tell me to shut my mouth? ‘I’m a tough guy, I’m not afraid of physical…’ ”
Mullin: “Don’t sit there and tell me I’m out line.” Sanders started banging his gavel, and told the senator to let O’Brien respond.
O’Brien went back to answering about his salary, saying to Mullin, “I bet you I work more hours than you do, twice as many hours.”
Mullin: “That’s impossible. Sir, you don’t know what hard work is.” Back to the UPS driver salary, O’Brien said they make $93,000 on the lower end, and some make $150,000.
Mullin returned to saying that the Teamsters haven’t created a job.
“Sure we have,” O’Brien said. “We create opportunity. We hold greedy CEOs like yourself accountable.” Mullin: “You’re calling me a greedy CEO?”

O’Brien: “Oh yeah, you are. You want to attack my salary. I’ll attack yours.”

When O’Brien asked Mullin how much he made when he owned his company, Mullin said he kept his salary down at $50,000 “because I invested every penny into it.”

O’Brien: “You mean you hid money.”

Mullin: “No, I didn’t hide money. Oh, hold on a second. He said thatwas out of line (from before).”

O’Brien: “Now we’re even.”

Mullin: “We’re not even. We’re not even close to being even. You think you’re smart, you think you’re funny.”

O’Brien: “No, you think you’re funny.”

Sanders again started banging the gavel.

Massachusetts Congresswoman Lori Trahan tweeted after the exchange, “Pro tip for the junior Senator from Oklahoma: Don’t friend* with a union guy from Massachusetts.”

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
The move work to India meme is over, the new meme is to hire an Indian CFO and he just attritions all the white devils and brings in the benchod bastard Sirs to redeem American dream
Screenshot_20230918-203106_Chrome.jpg

1694814727292256.gif