Will ups let you go after peak if you are hire as a full time driver

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I understand that you have to make book. But i know if I go In I would made book on performance, but If someone just dont like me and can let me go for no good reason I put My family in a bad spot.
It’s impossible to run scratch anymore , hopefully the supervisors like you or you’re toast

Best of luck to you sir
@MECH-lift has spoken
🧔‍♂️✊

myback

Hi I applied to UPS full time driver position in LI NY. I will be leaving a full time job to go to ups. Now i hear that your probation is paused during peak. Are they just going to use Me during peak then let Me go even if i am good and have no major issues? This would be terrible to leave a full time job to be used then let go. I applied to full time combination driver, i did not see anything that mentioned seasonal position.
Unless you get something in writing, signed/certified by the center manager stating that you are being hired as a permanent full time employee, not seasonal, not a safe assumption.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I understand that you have to make book. But i know if I go In I would made book on performance, but If someone just dont like me and can let me go for no good reason I put My family in a bad spot.
I have seen SO many guys get used and abused by UPS management during peak.They think if they kill themselves and impress the supervisor it will get them somewhere. The supe will tell you how freaking AWESOME you are, like you are literally the BEST driver he has ever seen and if you keep this up we will find a place for you after peak..........................and the day after Christmas you are will be gone.
This is a very hard,very dirty company run by the absolute cold blooded people you will ever meet.

I would not recommend taking the postion,and i'm sure the older guys on here will echo my sentiments

HavenoEDD

If you have a family, relationship or a loved one..I would really think twice about starting a career at ups.
I say the above as respectfully because the job is going to be your life especially in the first few years of you make it…and even if you’re single and free, your body is not going to take well to the immediate wear and tear your body is going to go through.
Your management team may take to a mature new driver on the books but in my experience they stay away from drivers with more mileage. Increased chance of injury and they also like young drivers they can mound and convenience to run and gun for years.
If you go for it, there’s no guarantees but be prepared for the next four-six months to hit you like a train physically and mentally.
Not to be a downer but being honest.

Johney

Not sure how it is there but here peak starts Oct 15th so it’s impossible to make book and that’s the only way you are guaranteed to have a job after peak. I’d pass if I were in your position.

Not sure how it is there but here peak starts Oct 15th so it’s impossible to make book and that’s the only way you are guaranteed to have a job after peak. I’d pass if I were in your position.
Yes peak is Oct 15th and then ends Jan 16th then your 30 work days continue on.

HavenoEDD

No guarantees you make it. We’ve had some awesome drivers only to have accidents and injuries trying to impress to get the numbers. One of them during peak and your done.
Making book…you have to get the opportunity first. You have to get through peak season first to have the chance to make book.
All seasonals have to be canned by Jan 15th due to union rule and if your on the radar you’ll know before then that management want to give you the chance.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
It's a gamble, no doubt.

Find the shop Stewie and see if he knows when the next outside hire will be...that might be your best and only chance.