wives writing in

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wow, sounds like local804 had another beer breakfast in the trailor park!!:ohmy:

You must be a real babe magnet!:lol::lol:

Nah, I think he is quoting a Rodney Dangerfield line. I always thought that Rodney was funny as hell. "I can't get no Respect",....Classic Comedy:laugh:

upsdude

Women are all alike, they just have different faces so we can tell them apart.

upsdude will now lock all his windows and doors and hide from the female assault. :lol:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The reason the gals use 3 times more words than men is because men are always saying, Huh? What?" Then we have to repeat.

Sammie

I didn't get to finish my post from earlier. I helped out at a Greek festival today, so here's the rest. (It's actually stolen from a paper my kid wrote for school a year or two ago; we keep everyhing on a word document.)

Any truth to any of this???

The part of the female brain that processes language has more cells than corresponding parts of the male brain, so girls talk, read, and count earlier than boys.

But the part of a boy’s brain that handles space perception is larger in males, and in a French study, 45 percent of 2-year-old boys could build a bridge of blocks, but only 8 percent of girls could.

Boys start walking three to four months earlier than girls do and outperform them in motor skills such as running and jumping.

Girls' brains are bigger in an area that interprets events and feelings. Boys brains are larger in the more primitive area that handles emotions like fear and anger. That’s why girls often get upset at situations that don't begin to faze a boy.

Boys are more confrontational, but they don't take verbal jabs as personally. In some ways, that makes boys better at handling conflict. When boys fight, they quickly make up. Girls are the opposite. They stay mad indefinitely.

Sammie

"

"And a woman uses about 20,000 words per day...."

Only 20,000? I would have thought 90, or maybe 100,000.....

But would you change your tune if it were Ann Coulter??

Over,

I was going to call you last night and tell you to click on the Biography channel; Ann and some other celebrities were on. Dude came in and watched her interview. He had never seen her live before but he listens to her on talk radio whenever he gets the chance.

Now he wants to stop driving big brown trucks and apply to become her
personal bodyguard. You guys are all the same. Can't live WITH you, can't.....:mad::ohmy::sad:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The reason the gals use 3 times more words than men is because men are always saying, Huh? What?" Then we have to repeat.

And I always thought the secret to a long marriage was to nod my head toward my lovely wife and say "yes dear" as she repeated the same thing for the third time.:yes:

over9five

Staff member
"But would you change your tune if it were Ann Coulter??"

I'll tell ya a secret, Sammie...... I don't think I ever heard Ann Coulter speak. I made one comment that she was hot, and that upset one poster so I made up that signature (kinda to upset him more!)

lost

Where can I find me one of these? Most of my relationships have failed because of the hours that I work, and they don't care. The women I've dated, couldn't care any less about how much my back hurts or what have you. The current girl I'm dating can't even freakin' rub my back. Sorry I just had to vent, lol.

I understand, my husband wont rub my back either, and I have 10 minutes to vent about work and thats it, So if its a really bad day I am screwed. Now about the issue, I think the wives are just trying to seek answers. There are women that really care and want to do more than listen, they want to try to find answers of find some way to help.

dillweed

I read many years ago that when something needs to be done a man will focus on uust getting it done. Women focus more on how it will get done. Seems to agree with some other posts.

There's nothing wrong with a spouse posting here and asking a question about UPS. My husband hates and refuses to learn the computer. I have often gone into home repair, lawnmower or tractor forums to seek answers and have gotten them. No one has ever asked why he didn't come on himself.

I agree stongly with women staying mad forever. I hear the guys razzing each other daily, with some of the things being said pretty darned cold. They are still buds. Even if they do get mad it's over the next day. I'm quiet and don't start trouble. If someone rattles my cage too often I warn them once or twice. Then it's over. Total disregard and unfortunately they're puzzled. But you can rarely talk to a male co-worker about feelings so it goes unresolved. They say I'm moody...:confused:1

lost

I read many years ago that when something needs to be done a man will focus on uust getting it done. Women focus more on how it will get done. Seems to agree with some other posts.

There's nothing wrong with a spouse posting here and asking a question about UPS. My husband hates and refuses to learn the computer. I have often gone into home repair, lawnmower or tractor forums to seek answers and have gotten them. No one has ever asked why he didn't come on himself.

I agree stongly with women staying mad forever. I hear the guys razzing each other daily, with some of the things being said pretty darned cold. They are still buds. Even if they do get mad it's over the next day. I'm quiet and don't start trouble. If someone rattles my cage too often I warn them once or twice. Then it's over. Total disregard and unfortunately they're puzzled. But you can rarely talk to a male co-worker about feelings so it goes unresolved. They say I'm moody...:confused:1
:devil::cursing::laugh::cursing::laugh:
Moody? women? NEVER!!! I am not moody
I get called passionately angry. I am known by most full timers as trouble, bam-bam, snake. My district manager even calls me trouble, says I look I am ten miles of bad highway:confused:1

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have always said women never forget. Guys will have disagreements and tell each other what they think, beat each other up and its over, women carry the anger FOREVER. Guys will be friends again, women will wait for the chance to smile and have the knife at hand waiting for you to turn around. And stab you in the back, no offense to the other ladies on here, but that seems to be the nature of how most women handle conflict with other women. Guys never ask for details. Your guy buddy says "im getting divorced", the guy buddies say "that sucks, have fun out there today" The woman responds "why what happened, who was she seeing, are you Ok, Oh you must be devastated" . We want details. I have seen this in my bldg, and life, and women want to know the whys, men just see the end result.
As for a wife or husband writing in , I say why not. I know I can often find info on a subject, that my spouse doesnt know how to. Its because we have that talent, to retrieve info, we need to know! Ive also seen the other sex have a talent to fix something alongside the road that I would have called a wrecker for. ( not usually, but it could happen) We are just different, which is why we attract.

Channahon

In my career as a UPS management person, I have had
my fair share of dealing with UPS spouses.

Whatever the issue was, I would always get the appropiate department involved. HR, Labor, Security, District Manger, if necessary.

In some cases, good information was received and in other cases, spouses try to tell UPS management how to do their jobs.

Professionalism and documentation are two key areas, in the event of legal action.

I will say, a scorned spouse's phone calls or letters, generally are true of any allegations.

UPS Lifer

Every brain begins as a female brain. It only becomes male eight weeks after conception, when excess testosterone shrinks the communications center, reduces the hearing cortex, and makes the part of the brain that processes sex twice as large.

And a woman uses about 20,000 words per day while a man uses about 7,000.

WOW:w00t: Kudos to you!!! I am still laughing!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Every brain begins as a female brain. It only becomes male eight weeks after conception, when excess testosterone shrinks the communications center, reduces the hearing cortex, and makes the part of the brain that processes sex twice as large.

And a woman uses about 20,000 words per day while a man uses about 7,000.
Thats because its easier for us men just to agree with our wives! As ups drivers we pace ourselves!
Woman; How was your day at work today honey?
Man; Sucked!

Woman; Do you think you can come home early on friday, because i want to go blah blah blah blah blah blan (like we really listen) blah blah blah.
Man: NO

Thats how come you woman use more words than us men, After work we just want to veg on the couch and watch some sports. Also about 18,000 of those words come after we come home at night. Why?

moreluck

golden ticket member
705red.....women want to share. We know you're not listening most of the time. Hell, we talk to the dogs & cats when you're not there.

And we prefer "yadda, yadda ,yadda" instead of "blah, blah, blah". :)