wives writing in

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"And I am on the Ann Coulter diet."

tooner....does that mean you eat liberals for lunch?? :lol:

Actually no, I prefer more substance, and fiber,
But I did hear the Edwards quote about Cheney, and I just blew it off. What else can you expect?
But when someone turns it on him, and you would only know why she said what she said if you knew of the maher interview, you would think it viscious.
I agree, she is rough around the edges, such as when she went after the Jersey girls, but she usually states facts, and her feelings ooze the sarcasm, of what she is backing up. And actually some of the points about those girls were true, they were just nobodies like all of us until their spouses were tragically killed. While that alone is sad, the thinking I believe on her part was they want to keep it going to make money off of the deaths, and that would be wrong, I think. I think many people hate her because she is pretty, I would die to be that thin. And she has a brain. JMHO
I did read her Godless book and I quit at chapter 9 "proof for how the walkman evolved into the ipod by random mutation" The plane had landed and I havent had a chance to get back to it. And I dont even own an IPOD or know what it does, so I lost interest.

diesel96

Dear Ann Coulter groupies;

When she is not on the personal attack front, her attempts at discussing the "issues" are usually to spew extremist viewpoints supported by obscure factoids, most taken out of context and usually wrong. Her most frequent comments are "If you let me finish my sentence" (although she feels free to interrupt everybody), and "Read my book"...

I think Ann thinks she's "hot":no:, and she needs to stop playing with her hair. Could that be nervousness?:sweatdrop No! she doesn't have a nervous bone in her body.....NOT

Ann Coulter is not stupid. She is being obnoxious on purpose. She is not trying to win people to her way of thinking. Rather, she attempts to whip up fervor among those who already share her point of view. She does not add to the civil discussion of issues but skillfully manipulates GULLIBLE "conservatives" to blindly follow wherever she leads.

Ann Coulter and her hallucinations are dangerous in that there may be people out there that actually think she is telling the truth! I am appauled that she makes light of people who lost loved ones. I would love to see a show that digs into her past and fact checks her so called "truths". She is practically pathological in her rants.

It seems if she really is trying to help the conservative cause, she would stop talking. That leaves two possibilities. She's trying to just sell books or she's actually a closet liberal trying to make conservatives look bad.

When will people realize that Coulter refuses to answer even the most straightforward of questions because she is incapable of formulating an opinion that doesn't involve hatred for anyone who doesn't toe the "conservative" party line?

Kudos to Mrs. Edwards for her, bravery, grace, and style. Without bashing Coulter, she made her look like the fool that she is.

Elizabeth Edwards is a credit to her husband's campaign and to mothers all over America. She has class, and dignity, and Ann Coulter has none.

BTW:This is coming from someone who's probably not voting for Edwards.

ups_vette

diesel96.....Like you, I will not vote for John Edwards either. Also like you, I believe Ms Colter is nothing but a vicious Bi**h with no sence of morals or common decency. She's the only person I know of who praises the late Senator Joe McCarthy for his Congresional hearing that ruined the lives of many Americans.

For those of you who think Ann Colter is "hot", you must also think Mary Carpenter was "hot" right before she passed away, and the woman Holocost surviors were also "hot" when freeded from the Nazi concentration camps after the end of WWll.

moreluck

golden ticket member
did you mean Karen Carpenter??

I am not an "Ann" groupie......but she says a lot of things that I think.

I probably agree with 70% of what she says.

I agree she is way too thin, too waif-like.

The playing with the hair in that clip was distracting.

Mrs. Edwards should let her cowardly husband fight his own battles. I can see it now, John Edwards is pres. and first lady Elizabeth is calling heads of state to say "Quit picking on my Johnny!" Puhleese!!:bored:

Sammie

I did read her Godless book and I quit at chapter 9 "proof for how the walkman evolved into the ipod by random mutation" The plane had landed and I havent had a chance to get back to it. And I dont even own an IPOD or know what it does, so I lost interest.

Tooner, You mean you're not listening to "Born To Be Wild" when you and your man are on a bike ride?? (I thought I remembered you saying he had a motorcycle). And why I would associate that song with you, I haven't a clue!! :confused:1

IPOD's come with headphones and they're about the size of a walkman or one of the older, smaller/transister radios. You load your favorite songs from the internet (from a free site called Limewire if you want to push your luck, or from Apple's ITune library) onto it and waalaa, you have the songs, or albums of your choice to listen to. If you like country :-)crying:), rap, disco, whatever, it's all there for you to choose from. Some of the older songs aren't always available but if you have the old albums, the 45's and a turntable, software is available to convert the music from the turntable to the IPOD.

Dude has a feeder run from Colo. to Kansas every day, not much more boring or unscenic than that. Talk radio, Satellite, all that gets old after a while so he loads a book on tape from the library onto his IPOD and listens to it thru the radio in the tractor. When he's done, he erases it and loads up another one.

They're handy little gadgets; they make the yardwork and all the other fun stuff go by a lot quicker.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
They're handy little gadgets; they make the yardwork and all the other fun stuff go by a lot quicker.

They're also WONDERFUL on mass trans and public places where people start talking to you and you don't want to have a conversation. More than once, I've simply reached into my pocket, pulled my headphones out and started listening to Bruce Springsteen or another classic rock artist. They come in even MORE handy when kids start yakking at you, Sammie:lol:. My little brother did that to me a year ago when we were walking. He was talking on and on about me being mean and I didn't want to hear it. I put the headphones on and tuned him out. I kept my eye on him, of course, but I didn't have to listen to a then-6 year old proclaim me to be meaner than anyone he'd ever met:w00t:. He talked on and on and ON about everything--school, his summer, etc. I'd pull a plug from my ear every few minutes, just to make sure he wasn't talking about something important or otherwise engaging. He didn't care if I listened. He just wanted to talk! lol. -Rocky

moreluck

golden ticket member
I tried reading the last few posts, but something in my ear kept going....

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space
:scooter::clap::punk::rockon:
etc. etc. etc.

Sammie

I tried reading the last few posts, but something in my ear kept going....

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space
:scooter::clap::punk::rockon:
etc. etc. etc.

OK More, this is for the rest of the guys around here to figure out -

This is either Tooner and Yours Truly,

Or You and Yours,

or Me and some guy who has hair.....:closedeye

http://no-libs.com/images/hippie_old.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OK More, this is for the rest of the guys around here to figure out -

This is either Tooner and Yours Truly,

Or You and Yours,

or Me and some guy who has hair.....:closedeye

http://no-libs.com/images/hippie_old.jpg
Thats was cute, and no it isnt me. Although I absolutely LOVED John Kaye, and steppenwolf!!

I dont ride, there is a 1959 panhead in my garage with my name all over it, but I have not yet learned:w00t:Dont Know if I will. I have a feeling it would cause me to call off work to go riding. My husband has a SAM (self assembled motorcycle) and it is titled as a 2005 panhead, I do not want to learn on that one:ohmy: His cycles are always solo, I remember when we were dating and girls would be all over him, and he would say, "oh you like bikes? You like to ride them? Go buy one" He was just so social.
So I havent ridden with him, on a bike since my teens when I first knew him. thats probaly why I dont want to learn now:crying:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im not sure, but isnt it amazing something so old, we can still remember? I always loved it and its still by far great music. I had all the albums, boy does that sound antique!

Sammie

Every brain begins as a female brain. It only becomes male eight weeks after conception, when excess testosterone shrinks the communications center, reduces the hearing cortex, and makes the part of the brain that processes sex twice as large.

And a woman uses about 20,000 words per day while a man uses about 7,000.

Well, spoil all MY fun!...

Some scientists in Arizona didn't believe the above statistics so they conducted their own studies at some college campuses over the last few years. Their scores showed:

Women - 16,215 words per day
Men - 15,669 words per day

Which doesn't explain the one guy in the study who only came up with 500 words a day...

And since when do college campuses simulate life in the real world?

A smart aleck cartoonist with the Boston Herald thought he knew how to capture the essence of this latest research...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have proof, this morning I spent 15 minutes explaining to my husband what he had to do for the day, you know errands etc. He looked at me like he was listening, when I checked my notes and was all done explaining, he said HUH. No wonder we spend 20 thousand words per day, to make you guys understand one thing you need to do!!!!!!!! Its called one track mind syndrome. Hes thinking about where hes gonna ride his cycle, and if he could do the errands aboard it. and thats what he was thinking the whole time I was instructing!!!! He was juggling. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
tooner,why not just make him a list?
you can fire him for failing to work as directed.
I deliver to a tattoo shop frequented by bikers.
I`m gonna get one to put on my ups hat and
get a pic with him holding my diad wearing
his colors like hes making a delivery...hmmm
brown angels...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Make a list, so he can lose it....
Hes just great hes the best, but its his fault I talk too much,..I rest my case.