Women Get Shorted !

upschuck

Yeah Corona Virus hit my family hard . I lost several . I’m still recovering financially and mentally .
Here, for a PT person to get a 22.3 job, it has to be newly created, and those usually only come around after new contracts that require them. Other established 22.3 are open to everyone, so it's usually a FT person that gets those.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
It’s fine guys I’ll just continue to do Amazon Flex . Where UPS falls short Amazon will fill in . I’ve realized long ago I won’t get more than 3.5 hrs working with UPS after 15 years . Been doing Amazon Flex for the last year or 2 . It’s great . Thanks for all the helpful tips . Good luck over working yourself for this company . And being it’s Bitch !

I thought you hated driving why are you driving for Amazon?

Edit: saw your updates about losing your husband, sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for you.

Last edited:

MrBates

As a women . Unless you go into FT driver there are no available FT position for women . Even after being there for 15 years only thing available are the cake PT positions . Sucks that after being with a company for so long nothing is available . I’ve had my name on endless Iists for 22.3 or other full time spots only to not get it . I’ve went and tried to drive on 3 different occasions didn’t pass probation. ( wasn’t fast enough ) Guess I’ll stick to High Value and Driving Chaser . The picture below is what my truck looked like week 1 training .
That was my truck everyday when I did my 30

Scuderia

I’m a driver and been with the company 19 years, still trying to get a 22.3 job because of the arthritis in my feet, I ain’t got long. Might have to go the ada route.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
0XJ86D9VTiK8.png
@burrheadd , you got sups built like this in that center over there?

2Down2Many2Go

i get your point. A lot of part timers are working full time hours. Most of this is due to the pandemic.

So, UPS creates a bunch of FT jobs now, what happens when things get back to normal in a year or two?

They no longer need you FT. They don’t need you working 44 hours in 4.5 days. They now need PTers working 4-5 hour days like it used to be.

Do they lay you off as a FT employee and hire a bunch of PT employees?

If they hire a bunch of FT employees now due to the increased volume, there could be massive layoffs in the future, and massive unemployment payments when things get back to normal.

UPS is in business to make money, I really can’t fault them for their wait and see attitude.

If this is the new norm, by all means staff accordingly. We will find out.
The pandemic has fast-forward e-commerce by 3 years, and it's not going to slow down anytime soon. Also UPS is struggling to get new hires in because of the competitive starting wage.

cachmeifucan

i get your point. A lot of part timers are working full time hours. Most of this is due to the pandemic.

So, UPS creates a bunch of FT jobs now, what happens when things get back to normal in a year or two?

They no longer need you FT. They don’t need you working 44 hours in 4.5 days. They now need PTers working 4-5 hour days like it used to be.

Do they lay you off as a FT employee and hire a bunch of PT employees?

If they hire a bunch of FT employees now due to the increased volume, there could be massive layoffs in the future, and massive unemployment payments when things get back to normal.

UPS is in business to make money, I really can’t fault them for their wait and see attitude.

If this is the new norm, by all means staff accordingly. We will find o. This is the new norm no other shipping company ships bulk. Malls are going belly up. People order everything online. Old people

a girl that is a 4 or 5 on the outside jumps to 8 or 9 in the hub
I call it ups hot

J.D. Hogg

As a women . Unless you go into FT driver there are no available FT position for women . Even after being there for 15 years only thing available are the cake PT positions . Sucks that after being with a company for so long nothing is available . I’ve had my name on endless Iists for 22.3 or other full time spots only to not get it . I’ve went and tried to drive on 3 different occasions didn’t pass probation. ( wasn’t fast enough ) Guess I’ll stick to High Value and Driving Chaser . The picture below is what my truck looked like week 1 training .
That photo would be a light, easier route at my building.
Usually, you can't even see inside the thing because it's so full.

cachmeifucan

How many stops. I cant remember i tried package 20 years ago i had 190 to 200 stops a day with 100 signature stops 40 residential and about 50 pickup. They would tell me i had to start at 8am but punch in at 830. Then they took 1 hour lunch everyday even though they pressured me to take 30. I would get in at 7pm then i had a ton of next day air to unload then i was to gas it up and back it in then i could go that was like 745. :censored2: that.i went 22.3 i make less per hour but i start at 2 am Monday 4am Tuesday to Friday take a 15 min lunch and work until 2 pm 3 or 4pm. Go home be with my son. Still made 97k

cachmeifucan

Pension is the same. My hours easily worth giving up 30k a Year. By the way i live in darien il that tornado went literally over my house.it wasn't a f3 by the time it got to me maybe f1. You tell me my front yard picture

Attachments

• 20210621_055345_HDR.jpg
    20210621_055345_HDR.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 61

IJustWorkHere

How many stops. I cant remember i tried package 20 years ago i had 190 to 200 stops a day with 100 signature stops 40 residential and about 50 pickup. They would tell me i had to start at 8am but punch in at 830. Then they took 1 hour lunch everyday even though they pressured me to take 30. I would get in at 7pm then i had a ton of next day air to unload then i was to gas it up and back it in then i could go that was like 745. * that.i went 22.3 i make less per hour but i start at 2 am Monday 4am Tuesday to Friday take a 15 min lunch and work until 2 pm 3 or 4pm. Go home be with my son. Still made 97k
Most would rather take that route . Rather than burning themselves out every day . That sounds like a much stressful gig . And was able to spend time with family . Well done . Any injuries while driving package car .

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you must be joking