Women Get Shorted !

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I’m sorry you brought up the fact that they were black not me . Had you not said especially black women it wouldn’t have ever came up in the convo . You have a problem with it . You said it out loud . Own your racism don’t run from it now .
5FEA4C84-511C-477E-B775-6B23122D5467.gif

Est.1998

I think you are missing the point . But that’s cool . I’ll take all the jokes . But every guy here if you had the opportunity to work FT at UPS you wouldn’t drive . It pays well but it’s a hella crappy job . If other FT opportunities were there half would not choose to drive . WE NEED MORE FT JOBS SO WOMEN & MEN ALIKE ARE NOT FORCED TO DRIVE .
I'm confused about why you're upset.
Prior to this new contract, a person had to have at least 5-10 years of seniority before they went full time (drive, feeder, combo).
Only other options were degree required positions like management, mechanic, or plant engineer.
Do you have a bachelors degree in something that can be used at UPS?

As a women . Unless you go into FT driver there are no available FT position for women .

After reading and rereading your post, it's clear that you're campaigning for more full time jobs for everyone. I have no idea why these other fools can't understand the true point of your post.

Also, you're a woman, not a women.
Hope this helps.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As a women . Unless you go into FT driver there are no available FT position for women . Even after being there for 15 years only thing available are the cake PT positions . Sucks that after being with a company for so long nothing is available . I’ve had my name on endless Iists for 22.3 or other full time spots only to not get it . I’ve went and tried to drive on 3 different occasions didn’t pass probation. ( wasn’t fast enough ) Guess I’ll stick to High Value and Driving Chaser . The picture below is what my truck looked like week 1 training .
What does being a gal have to do with anything? Why pull that card?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’m sorry you brought up the fact that they were black not me . Had you not said especially black women it wouldn’t have ever came up in the convo . You have a problem with it . You said it out loud . Own your racism don’t run from it now .
9A9FFC58-7064-41C0-8E5D-CB9236069C69.gif

Whereistheunion

As a women . Unless you go into FT driver there are no available FT position for women . Even after being there for 15 years only thing available are the cake PT positions . Sucks that after being with a company for so long nothing is available . I’ve had my name on endless Iists for 22.3 or other full time spots only to not get it . I’ve went and tried to drive on 3 different occasions didn’t pass probation. ( wasn’t fast enough ) Guess I’ll stick to High Value and Driving Chaser . The picture below is what my truck looked like week 1 training .
Wait until a few years and your dispatch looks like this.

Attachments

• 20210427_201725.jpg
    20210427_201725.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 74

Back From Break
WE NEED MORE FT JOBS SO WOMEN & MEN ALIKE ARE NOT FORCED TO DRIVE .

Now that's funny!

You work at UPS (United PARCEL Service)

UPS delivers and picks up parcels. You want UPS to create more FT jobs so that people don't have to drive? So people don't have to deliver and pick up parcels?

Hey @542thruNthru are all people from CA this naive?

If other FT opportunities were there half would not choose to drive

And what FT position would you like UPS and the Union to create for you?

It's the nature of the beast. We deliver parcels. Most FT jobs require you to deliver parcels. There are a few, porters, car washers, mechanics, PE that are FT that do not deliver parcels, but you either need a special skillset, or many, many, years of seniority.

Where I'm at, you're not getting a FT non-driving job without 25 years seniority. I'm sorry, but if you don't like it, you don't have to stay here.

cachmeifucan

Hey Maybe try to go into feeder, package was to hard for this cracker ass cracker. And because i like 420. So i was lucky enough to get a 22.3. If you do feeder 1 year you are considered ft and could bid on a 22.3 bypassing people with more pt seniority. Everyone gets a hard time on here not because your a woman. Post a picture before i ask you to refresh me the wife is on her monthly. Feeder makes more and way less physical just keep pressuring them to give you a chance. They are supposed to promote within over off the street hires. Ive seen it happen pt go straight to feeder. Good luck. Or try package again and play gender politics

IJustWorkHere

It’s fine guys I’ll just continue to do Amazon Flex . Where UPS falls short Amazon will fill in . I’ve realized long ago I won’t get more than 3.5 hrs working with UPS after 15 years . Been doing Amazon Flex for the last year or 2 . It’s great . Thanks for all the helpful tips . Good luck over working yourself for this company . And being it’s Bitch !

deeztier

It’s fine guys I’ll just continue to do Amazon Flex . Where UPS falls short Amazon will fill in . I’ve realized long ago I won’t get more than 3.5 hrs working with UPS after 15 years . Been doing Amazon Flex for the last year or 2 . It’s great . Thanks for all the helpful tips . Good luck over working yourself for this company . And being it’s Bitch !
scab

Yes it really sucks making almost $40 an hour.

Lol, I work 43-45 hours a week in package, I feel like a real bitch.

Back From Break
I’ve realized long ago I won’t get more than 3.5 hrs working with UPS after 15 years .

You finally realized that if you can’t cut it as a package car driver, your opportunities for FT employment are quite limited at a package delivery company?

Good luck over working yourself for this company . And being it’s Bitch !

Yes, it can be a physical job. Maybe that’s why you couldn’t cut it.

Over working? Hardly. Maybe for you…

Don’t bash us just because you couldn’t cut it. Oh, that’s right, you want UPS and the Union to create a FT non-driving (ie, “cushy”) job for you.

I’m not UPS’s bitch, but if you post a picture, maybe you can be my bitch.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
As a woman. Why would you think you should get preferential treatment because you’re a woman? We fought for equal pay as men. You being too slow has nothing to do with being a woman. You just sucked at it. If you can’t do the job don’t complain when there is no job created for you.
tenor.gif