Won FT cover driver bid

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Im seeing November 1st in the CBA as the first day in which seniority can not be earned. Unable to locate October 15th anywhere...?
Seniority CAN be earned at anytime. There are times if the year which management can choose if it goes towards seniority or not.

Matt85091

when down to the hub today to pick up uniforms for first day on tuesday. The hr girl is a super hot blonde.... she walked me back to the room with all the uniforms and I closed the door behind me. She looked at me, and I looked at her... I asked if she wanted me to open the door and she said no its fine as long as you dont have your phone on you...I reassured her I left it in the car. She turned around and started asking me what size I am, she guessed 36, 38... and insisted that the sizes run small.. I said let me try on a 32 and she gave me a 34.... Pants.... and said I could go to the bathroom around the corner. I dropped my shorts, and she looked back at me. We locked eyes... her face flushed red...I told her its okay, and she asked out it fit, I said Perfect... and took off the pants... I asked if she had any shorts.. and she said I have to buy the socks when I get to my center. I said I will and she let me have a few pairs and gave me a benny, sleeveless pull over vest, and a hat...
I went to the bathroom to wash off, and came back to her office to ask about Oct 15th and 30 days probationary period. She said I have until November 1st to get qualified.
and its Tuesday-Saturday with regular delivery on Saturday.

Re-Raise

when down to the hub today to pick up uniforms for first day on tuesday. The hr girl is a super hot blonde.... she walked me back to the room with all the uniforms and I closed the door behind me. She looked at me, and I looked at her... I asked if she wanted me to open the door and she said no its fine as long as you dont have your phone on you...I reassured her I left it in the car. She turned around and started asking me what size I am, she guessed 36, 38... and insisted that the sizes run small.. I said let me try on a 32 and she gave me a 34.... Pants.... and said I could go to the bathroom around the corner. I dropped my shorts, and she looked back at me. We locked eyes... her face flushed red...I told her its okay, and she asked out it fit, I said Perfect... and took off the pants... I asked if she had any shorts.. and she said I have to buy the socks when I get to my center. I said I will and she let me have a few pairs and gave me a benny, sleeveless pull over vest, and a hat...
I went to the bathroom to wash off, and came back to her office to ask about Oct 15th and 30 days probationary period. She said I have until November 1st to get qualified.
Do you get out much junior?

It is going to take you a long time to finish a route if you keep imagining every woman that talks to you is hitting on you

Rack em

Made the Podium
Were you wearing underwear or no?

Faceplanted

Hr doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. Listen to us, not them

You will probably believe everything your managment team tells you too.

Read the forums!!! There are many many posts about how hr lied and come jan-jun "full time" drivers are not getting any work because they didn't qualify before the free period.

Matt85091

Hr doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. Listen to us, not them

You will probably believe everything your managment team tells you too.

Read the forums!!! There are many many posts about how hr lied and come jan-jun "full time" drivers are not getting any work because they didn't qualify before the free period.
I am listening to and believe you. I come here often to discover the truth and appreciate the insight.
Let me ask you this...
During the first 30 days of being a driver, do they have to give you 8/hrs everyday (40hrs minimum) weekly? Or sense you are the most junior driver in the center, they can send you home if volume is low. The blonde hr girl said.... you may only get 3 days a week. So i can only assume she is alluding to that being factual?

Faceplanted

I am listening to and believe you. I come here often to discover the truth and appreciate the insight.
Let me ask you this...
During the first 30 days of being a driver, do they have to give you 8/hrs everyday (40hrs minimum) weekly? Or sense you are the most junior driver in the center, they can send you home if volume is low. The blonde hr girl said.... you may only get 3 days a week. So i can only assume she is alluding to that being factual?
Totally depends. If you work expect to work 9-12 hours. There is a very good chance you will not work 30 days straight, especially as vacations are winding down.

Matt85091

showed up for first day... PCM was at 845.... sat around until 10am.... told to go home... come back tomorrow at 915..... no pay no nothing... just a im really sorry but....

Matt85091

First week... Worked two days. Wednesday and Thursday. Combined for 20 hours... Both days worked with a new on road sup who is the same age as me ... has the same name as me .... and played the same sports as me in high school (lacrosse)....
The route that he trained me on is 80/20 buisness/resis with heavy pick ups from those buisness stops. Total stops went from 85 to 120 from Weds to Thursday. Learned a lot, dont get sucked into the black hole (inside the package car looking for packages)... dont scan inside the package car... etc etc... The route is very small, total milage is 35 miles when i did my end of day routine on the board.
so this morning, i went in... and told im not going out today. I find the shop steward and explain my situation. Permanent ups employee, showed up for work who wants his 8 hours. He gave me a grievance form, and said. They have to give you 8 hours, regardless if you are NOT qualified yet. You are a permanent ups employee, they have to find work for you (inside the hub). A few seconds later, the center manager was in front of me and the shop steward introduced me to her and she was informed on my situation. She said OKAY. I sat around for two hours, reviewed some paperwork, seeing habits 10 point commentary with another older supervisor, and decided to just head to the parking lot with my 2 hours paid for the day. Interesting to learn that they must give me 8 hours, although its inside the hub, but the steward said my time starts from the time I was suppose to be in. 915, regardless if the hub starts later. Also promising when he insisted that I get paid my driver rate. Maybe on monday I will stick around all day inside the hub if they dont put me on a route with a sup....

Faceplanted

First week... Worked two days. Wednesday and Thursday. Combined for 20 hours... Both days worked with a new on road sup who is the same age as me ... has the same name as me .... and played the same sports as me in high school (lacrosse)....
The route that he trained me on is 80/20 buisness/resis with heavy pick ups from those buisness stops. Total stops went from 85 to 120 from Weds to Thursday. Learned a lot, dont get sucked into the black hole (inside the package car looking for packages)... dont scan inside the package car... etc etc... The route is very small, total milage is 35 miles when i did my end of day routine on the board.
so this morning, i went in... and told im not going out today. I find the shop steward and explain my situation. Permanent ups employee, showed up for work who wants his 8 hours. He gave me a grievance form, and said. They have to give you 8 hours, regardless if you are NOT qualified yet. You are a permanent ups employee, they have to find work for you (inside the hub). A few seconds later, the center manager was in front of me and the shop steward introduced me to her and she was informed on my situation. She said OKAY. I sat around for two hours, reviewed some paperwork, seeing habits 10 point commentary with another older supervisor, and decided to just head to the parking lot with my 2 hours paid for the day. Interesting to learn that they must give me 8 hours, although its inside the hub, but the steward said my time starts from the time I was suppose to be in. 915, regardless if the hub starts later. Also promising when he insisted that I get paid my driver rate. Maybe on monday I will stick around all day inside the hub if they dont put me on a route with a sup....
Terrible idea what you did. You just started something your going to wish you didn't. You just put a target on your back. Get ready to be dq'd