Won FT cover driver bid

Matt85091

Its Monday..... haven't heard back from HR since I was in there for that road test. Any idea when they will get on with the next steps to get me on the road. Based off what you guys have contributed I am getting the impression I will have to complete another cycle of drivers training and other computer based training. Obviously cant wait to get out of the hub. Thanks guys.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Whats up guys.
Seniority date is 6/11/2017 and on 7/24/2017 HR called to inform I won a bid for a cover driver route. Obviously I was pretty stoked as I just hit my 30 working days working as a loader at night. They asked if I accept. I requested time, but ultimately called them back and accepted. Literally turned down a 50k/yr government office gig down in D.C. that I had signed the offer letter that same day.

HR said come down for the road test and we will get the ball rolling.
took road test on 8/3/2017, no issues. I drove for peak as a reg temp in 2015.
Went and got that DOT physical knocked out same day after road test. Informed HR i drove in 2015 and has to check to confirm if I can use prior certification.
Any thoughts?
Will I have to go to Intergrad or local hub driver training? My certificate is dated 11/14/2015. Worked until 1/15/2016 then given MRE. Qualified. but was passed over for On-Road-Sup. Given preload PT position but left after 2 weeks.

I've read over the archives regarding "cover driver"
Just wanted to get additional relative feedback from you guys related to how the 1st year will pane out etc.
Especting a different route every 2 weeks?
And a big wig in HR said its tuesday-saturday and alluded to regular sunday ground delivery in near future.
Thanks guys,
Matt
giphy.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the only 8 hour job in feeder is shifting and then when you are thru doing that they force you to return mt trailers to accounts locally .

working only 8-9 hrs at our hub was considered a crime.

35years

Gravy route
You cant qualify for 9.5 list unless you're at top scale or a bid driver.
How many times do we have to refute this management lie?
There are so many threads on this already.
We have many non-bid drivers in their first 4 years who are on the 9.5 list, some in their first year not even close to top scale.
This is based on the National contract, so it applies everywhere.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How many times do we have to refute this management lie?
There are so many threads on this already.
We have many non-bid drivers in their first 4 years who are on the 9.5 list, some in their first year not even close to top scale.
This is based on the National contract, so it applies everywhere.
You can provide TONS of proof but it doesn't matter to the clowns that want to hate and stir :censored2: up.

ignore them.

Matt85091

After reading alot on these forums, is it far to say I should expect to wait until September 1st. Those reg-temps that are covering down during the summer vacation months will be let go around then and I will start the process as a new driver. Took the road test two weeks ago, haven't heard anything sense. Sound right?

Matt85091

HR sent me this today! 10 more days in the hub. Can't wait. Bring on the feeder bid list's in March......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 18.12.24.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 18.12.24.png
    609.6 KB · Views: 171

Matt85091

ive drove for peak before, passed everything and worked until jan 25th...
i took stops off other drivers and worked on NIH just doing certain buildings.
I let me ego get to my head and when my supervisor asked me if I wanted to become a supervisor right after peak i thought i was part of the club and started coming to work like i owned the place. Now a year and a half later I came back, and now the day after labor day i start as a full time driver.

Faceplanted

ive drove for peak before, passed everything and worked until jan 25th...
i took stops off other drivers and worked on NIH just doing certain buildings.
I let me ego get to my head and when my supervisor asked me if I wanted to become a supervisor right after peak i thought i was part of the club and started coming to work like i owned the place. Now a year and a half later I came back, and now the day after labor day i start as a full time driver.
Hr lies.

Make sure your not seasonal. If you start on sep 5 and don't get your 30 before the free period starts you will can very well not make full time. Iv seen it happen many times.

P

pickup

Hr lies.

Make sure your not seasonal. If you start on sep 5 and don't get your 30 before the free period starts you will can very well not make full time. Iv seen it happen many times.

Yep , you need to get 30 working days in before Oct 15. Since you might be working Tuesday to Saturday, that is possible. But if you only work 4 days in one week of any of the six weeks before Oct 15, you'll be sitting on 29 days as the freeze period starts.

Matt85091

Im seeing November 1st in the CBA as the first day in which seniority can not be earned. Unable to locate October 15th anywhere...?

Faceplanted

Im seeing November 1st in the CBA as the first day in which seniority can not be earned. Unable to locate October 15th anywhere...?
November first is the begging of "peak season"

Oct 15 is the beginning of the "free period"

Your local practice may be different but that's how it works where I'm from