Won FT cover driver bid

Matt85091

Whats up guys.
Seniority date is 6/11/2017 and on 7/24/2017 HR called to inform I won a bid for a cover driver route. Obviously I was pretty stoked as I just hit my 30 working days working as a loader at night. They asked if I accept. I requested time, but ultimately called them back and accepted. Literally turned down a 50k/yr government office gig down in D.C. that I had signed the offer letter that same day.

HR said come down for the road test and we will get the ball rolling.
took road test on 8/3/2017, no issues. I drove for peak as a reg temp in 2015.
Went and got that DOT physical knocked out same day after road test. Informed HR i drove in 2015 and has to check to confirm if I can use prior certification.
Any thoughts?
Will I have to go to Intergrad or local hub driver training? My certificate is dated 11/14/2015. Worked until 1/15/2016 then given MRE. Qualified. but was passed over for On-Road-Sup. Given preload PT position but left after 2 weeks.

I've read over the archives regarding "cover driver"
Just wanted to get additional relative feedback from you guys related to how the 1st year will pane out etc.
Especting a different route every 2 weeks?
And a big wig in HR said its tuesday-saturday and alluded to regular sunday ground delivery in near future.
Thanks guys,
Matt

ManInBrown

Congrats. Have fun working till 9 every night if you aren't in the Bog.

Two things. Put in a transfer to feeder immediately. And sign up for the 9.5 list. They're still going to bury you, but at least ts extra free money.

Package as bad as I've ever seen it, and only going to get worse. It is now a horrible job with decent pay.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Whats up guys.
Seniority date is 6/11/2017 and on 7/24/2017 HR called to inform I won a bid for a cover driver route. Obviously I was pretty stoked as I just hit my 30 working days working as a loader at night. They asked if I accept. I requested time, but ultimately called them back and accepted. Literally turned down a 50k/yr government office gig down in D.C. that I had signed the offer letter that same day.

HR said come down for the road test and we will get the ball rolling.
took road test on 8/3/2017, no issues. I drove for peak as a reg temp in 2015.
Went and got that DOT physical knocked out same day after road test. Informed HR i drove in 2015 and has to check to confirm if I can use prior certification.
Any thoughts?
Will I have to go to Intergrad or local hub driver training? My certificate is dated 11/14/2015. Worked until 1/15/2016 then given MRE. Qualified. but was passed over for On-Road-Sup. Given preload PT position but left after 2 weeks.

I've read over the archives regarding "cover driver"
Just wanted to get additional relative feedback from you guys related to how the 1st year will pane out etc.
Especting a different route every 2 weeks?
And a big wig in HR said its tuesday-saturday and alluded to regular sunday ground delivery in near future.
Thanks guys,
Matt
Omg... Run to the government job now....do not look back... Ur welcome

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Two things. Put in a transfer to feeder immediately. And sign up for the 9.5 list. They're still going to bury you, but at least ts extra free money.

Package as bad as I've ever seen it, and only going to get worse. It is now a horrible job with decent pay.
Wtf.

Box Ox

dd2d68c136fc21f015da3d4474bd9591.jpg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
You'll probably have to do a 30 days qualification on road. If they like your work they'll keep you on, if not, its back to working part time in the building.

The cards are in your favor though as nobody seems to want this job anymore.

Work as quickly and safely as you can in those first 30 days, then if you qualify, slam on the brakes. You'll thank me in 15 years.

Future

Victory Ride
You'll probably have to do a 30 days qualification on road. If they like your work they'll keep you on, if not, its back to working part time in the building.

The cards are in your favor though as nobody seems to want this job anymore.

Work as quickly and safely as you can in those first 30 days, then if you qualify, slam on the brakes. You'll thank me in 15 years.
That about sums it up ...good advice

CanOSup

One of them

You have to be through progression to qualify for 9.5. Have fun with that