Work Comp claims.

Johney

​Not here, not unless I can prove that they have given another driver TAW on a LTI.
There is a catch. Even if someone else is on TAW you would also have to find out their restrictions. Someone has to be on TAW in your center(unless it's small)I think we have at least 3 or 4 on TAW and a few out totally. I think they only have to give you TAW if the can accommodate your restrictions,which they usually find something. Your DM is just being a hardass.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There is a catch. Even if someone else is on TAW you would also have to find out their restrictions. Someone has to be on TAW in your center(unless it's small)I think we have at least 3 or 4 on TAW and a few out totally. I think they only have to give you TAW if the can accommodate your restrictions,which they usually find something. Your DM is just being a hardass.
This isn't about the restrictions, though I do understand what you are saying. This is primarily about the LTI.

Events:
Aug 1 - injured shoulder
Aug 2 - went in to do web assessments and go to Urgent Care. Urgent Care doc put me out of work Aug 2 and 3 and then released me back to light duty for Aug 6. At this point I am an LTI. Where I have the 'leg to stand on' is if DM has given another driver TAW if they went out on LTI first. I can't prove that this has happened but I am fairly sure it has.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This isn't about the restrictions, though I do understand what you are saying. This is primarily about the LTI.

Events:
Aug 1 - injured shoulder
Aug 2 - went in to do web assessments and go to Urgent Care. Urgent Care doc put me out of work Aug 2 and 3 and then released me back to light duty for Aug 6. At this point I am an LTI. Where I have the 'leg to stand on' is if DM has given another driver TAW if they went out on LTI first. I can't prove that this has happened but I am fairly sure it has.
I know if you become permanently injured, you can cross local lines to get a 'job adjustment'. Can you do that if you are temp?

menotyou

bella amicizia
You mean TAW? :dont_know:
What I mean is, if I am permanently injured and the company was inclined to give me a different job to accommodate me, I could work in another local's hub if they had an accommodating job for me. Like, instead of working at Watertown where Local 687 has jurisdiction and I am a member of, I would work in Syracuse, where Local 317 has jurisdiction. I was wondering if you could do that temporarily if there wasn't an accommodation at your center, if the DM was willing?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That's putting the cart before the horse. Right now I'm not permanently injured. If 'dummass' doesn't authorize the MRI and I keep doing the PT, I might be. :dissapointed:

menotyou

bella amicizia
That's putting the cart before the horse. Right now I'm not permanently injured. If 'dummass' doesn't authorize the MRI and I keep doing the PT, I might be. :dissapointed:
No, what I meant was I just wondering if it's possible to do that while temporarily injured. More of just a general question.

Does your therapist recommend the MRI, as well? That should get the wheels moving a little faster, I would think.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No, what I meant was I just wondering if it's possible to do that while temporarily injured. More of just a general question.

Does your therapist recommend the MRI, as well? That should get the wheels moving a little faster, I would think.
My DM will NOT let me work. There is nothing I can do about that. He is being a dick about it. I had a conversation with my PT last week. I talked, he listened. Whether he 'heard' me or not is yet to be determined. I should know this week. The 2nd MRI request was submitted Thurs.

Johney

dilli,
I think the problem may be like you said your not working all hours before you went out. That's why your DM isn't going to help you because you'll make less on comp than he has to pay you to work TAW.That's just a guess but he must have a reason.

Me,
The only accommodations I've ever seen UPS do is someone who has been diagnosed with Diabetes. Any other injury you can't come back %100 percent they settle with.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It was more of just a thought. I grasp her DM won't let her work. My thought was leading to, maybe, a grievance could be based off that. If someone else in another local was allowed TAW by this DM. It was a thought in the making, really.
Upstate said once they made an accommodation(22.3) job for someone in my local. But, that was when she was permanently injured.

My concern is that I know the games they play and I have been through most of the ones they are allowed to play in NY. It sucks when you are fighting them in court while getting about $1000 a month, insurance just ran out, and the union is ignoring you, because of one of those games they play. I've learned a lot. Hence, why I am trying so friend'ing hard to get back, myself. I don't like those settlement offers.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I, also, wonder if you could force them to allow you to go to the job, if one was available in another local's centers. Just a thought. I realize it wouldn't work for Dilli, but it's more of just a thought.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Johney, that is exactly what he is doing. It's not a hardship for me, money wise, though it would be nice to make my full wages but I'm not going to kowtow to him. Nor am I going to let him destroy my shoulder in the process unless I have absolutely no choice. I have 15 year to go. Slippery Mutual can step up to the plate. I am far from being done.

Meno, thanks for the suggestions. Never know what will work if it thrown into the fray.