Work Comp claims.

undies

It's really hard to come to the realization that management just kicks you to the curb once you get injured, you screwed their numbers up already so why should they try to help you, right? Luckily one of my union reps referred me to a really good lawyer who has lots of experience working with UPS and WC claims. If you don't have a lawyer yet, it may be a good idea to call your local and see if they may be able to recommend someone that has personal experience with cases similar to yours!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do remember if you dont have a doc that is used to BWC, you have issues. Ones that do, know you have to file a c9 every two weeks, or your pay gets slowed down. Im sorry for your issues, that is one thing I never had a problem with when I was off, but as I said, it was yrs ago, everything is a problem now.

CaptainObvious

It's really hard to come to the realization that management just kicks you to the curb once you get injured, you screwed their numbers up already so why should they try to help you, right? Luckily one of my union reps referred me to a really good lawyer who has lots of experience working with UPS and WC claims. If you don't have a lawyer yet, it may be a good idea to call your local and see if they may be able to recommend someone that has personal experience with cases similar to yours!

We just need that sales lead and all will be forgivin!!:cool:

Isn't it OBVIOUS!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I do remember if you dont have a doc that is used to BWC, you have issues. Ones that do, know you have to file a c9 every two weeks, or your pay gets slowed down. Im sorry for your issues, that is one thing I never had a problem with when I was off, but as I said, it was yrs ago, everything is a problem now.
Mine has worked with W/C many many times. Hell, TOCA has a whole dep't dedicated to W/C. All appt's and paperwork go directly through TOCA W/C dep't. This isn't a problem with the doc, it's LM.

menotyou

bella amicizia
They cut my pay by 33%, even though their dr recommended a 25% cut. A cut he clearly stated in his recommendation that he did not want to make until a year after my surgery, not 7 months after. I am waiting to hear about my court date. Courts are very slow here because of the budget cuts. :(

I hate Liberty Mutual/UPS.

Johney

They cut my pay by 33%, even though their dr recommended a 25% cut. A cut he clearly stated in his recommendation that he did not want to make until a year after my surgery, not 7 months after. I am waiting to hear about my court date. Courts are very slow here because of the budget cuts. :(

I hate Liberty Mutual/UPS.
W/C claims that need to go to the "Judge of Compensation claims" here are backlogged 18 months. Be glad you're not here.

undies

What the hell? I went on state disability for 11 months before the insurance company finally decided to pay me out my WC benefits. State disability then puts in a request for the insurance company to pay them for the money they payed me. Is that an option for you guys?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What did you injure? I must be Gumby. I've twisted, fell, sprained, cut, bruised and abused every part of my body doing this job yet I'm there every day.
Ya, about the same here too. Cuts, scratches, bruises, sprains, falls, twists and on and on but this time it is my shoulder. Don't know what it is specifically because LM hasn't authorized an MRI yet.

menotyou

bella amicizia
North Counrty Orthopedic accidentally billed an MRI to our insurance, or something to that effect. When I got the paperwork, I called them and they took care of getting reimbursement from Liberty. No one got hurt in the scuffle. Maybe, you could do this for your MRI and Rx's, And let the ins co's fight over who should pay. That would get your prognosis a lot faster. Just s thought.
Upstates post reminded me of that. I'd certainly try it for my scripts.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
North Counrty Orthopedic accidentally billed an MRI to our insurance, or something to that effect. When I got the paperwork, I called them and they took care of getting reimbursement from Liberty. No one got hurt in the scuffle. Maybe, you could do this for your MRI and Rx's, And let the ins co's fight over who should pay. That would get your prognosis a lot faster. Just s thought.
Upstates post reminded me of that. I'd certainly try it for my scripts.
And that is something that I have considered and is still on the table. My doc has another request in for an MRI. If it is denied again, I will talk to my doc about doing exactly that.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think I have two or three bottles of that stuff floating around here. Never been one for that stuff. Tylenol with Codiene upsets my tummy, too. :(