Workers comp question

eroissyfr

I was injured fairly severely at work almost 7 months ago. Badly broken foot, surgery, still doing PT and further surgery at some point to remove the hardware

Zero issues with medical care or WC.

But I have now been released twice for light duty and kept getting vague excuses from the only two people I actually have contact with ( shift manager and Risk management) why I am not back at work.

I still have pretty severe flexibility and balance issues with the foot BUT the promised 6 weeks of light duty would help immensely. Basically can't move very fast and no ladders etc

I am also concerned that I won't be able to do the job since I have not been working for 7 months.

I was literally one week shy of making seniority which is sucking as I am now 7 months on hold towards time counted towards benefits.

Not once has the union checked on me even though I called them several times in the beginning.

They also don't seem to have much in the way of clear cut procedures and information in place for the employee after an injury. What I am getting from WC is killing us financially.

Is all of this SOP?

UPSmechanicinblue

Sorry but if you didn't make seniority the company will not want you back if injured on the job, also Union can't do anything for you being you didn't make seniority. As far as I know your a probationary employee with no rights until you do. I don't mean to doom and gloom you but I seen many let go before seniority was attained.

rod

Retired 22 years
What a full time UPS driver would make on comp now days (tax-free) could easily pay my bills. How much is it now?

eroissyfr

Comp in Oregon is 65% of the average of your last three months pay. And in Oregon we are members of the Union from day one. Also under Oregon law they can't let me go for the injury. I know my rights under Oregon law. It just seems like they have no process in place at all to get me back to work.

I know they certainly don't want to tell me see you later bye. Lol. but. If they would just talk to me like an adult so I know what's going on I would know what direction to take. Either way I still have more surgery which I was putting off until after the holiday season and frankly if this limp doesn't clear up I will have it declared a partial disability.

I just need to go back to work either there or somewhere else

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Comp in Oregon is 65% of the average of your last three months pay. And in Oregon we are members of the Union from day one. Also under Oregon law they can't let me go for the injury. I know my rights under Oregon law. It just seems like they have no process in place at all to get me back to work.

I know they certainly don't want to tell me see you later bye. Lol. but. If they would just talk to me like an adult so I know what's going on I would know what direction to take. Either way I still have more surgery which I was putting off until after the holiday season and frankly if this limp doesn't clear up I will have it declared a partial disability.

I just need to go back to work either there or somewhere else
Better Call Saul

Whatever you do, don't accept any "settlement" from worker's comp until you are fully healed. And then, only if you've consulted with your attorney first. You have been warned!! The worker's comp insurance company is not your friend, they are your enemy, don't trust anything they say!! Consult an attorney!

MAKAVELI

Just be glad you don't work at Express. 45 days out and you lose your route. 90 days out and you are displaced and forced to look for another position within the company.

alwaysoverallowed

Dude you should have called an attorney 6 months ago. Workers comp is complicated and an attorney is only going to take a percentage of your settlement so you most likely won't pay anything out of pocket. Call an attorney on monday and let them handle it once you get them on board everyone is you're best friend until you return then you're just a regular POS, a bit broken but still a POS.

DOK

Comp does not pay the bills.

This is why it is imperative to have supplemental health insurance.

Would your supplemental pay you in addition to the workers comp, or does the supplemental only pay in an off the job scenario?
I picked up a policy a couple years ago, I'll have to look at the fine print for sure.