Workers comp settlement

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
As what @Yolo said there is nothing stopping you from getting an mri done. Do it yourself and schedule an appointment. Talk with your lawyer about it and if he says that’s a bad i idea or don’t do it then find another lawyer because if you are injured and know it and feel it then screw him.

PCM Troll

Has anybody had a workers comp settlement and returned to work? Lawyer said I probably couldn’t return to work and steward said this also. Liberty mutual is dragging their feet about approving an mri, I’ve been waiting since November 22nd
Talk to an attorney. You should have talked to one as soon as you got hurt.

Over70irregs

Has anybody had a workers comp settlement and returned to work? Lawyer said I probably couldn’t return to work and steward said this also. Liberty mutual is dragging their feet about approving an mri, I’ve been waiting since November 22nd
Enjoy time off. Keep good records. Go to appointments. Keep lawyer on standby.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Integrity,
I’m curious as to why you disagreed with my post? Have you ever had a worker’s comp injury or had to deal with LM?
Don't worry about him or her, they're probably just too dehydrated from not getting company water to think straight.

Johney

Be careful about getting put on light duty from your own Dr. if you do and LM denies your claim and you have to fight them it may take some time to make it through the court system, longer than the time given for light duty. Teamcare may also deny you STD as it's a workers comp issue. There was a guy in my building about 20 years ago this very same thing happened. Had to fight them and it took close to a year to get through the court systems as at the time it was a slow process. Basically cut of after 30 days of TAW and told not to return until he was 100%. Which was impossible unless he had surgery. I believe at the time it Central States who was our healthcare provider before Teamcare took over and denied covering it. He eventually won in court but had no pay or benefits for close to a year. Again this was a long time ago and most likely not the same state as you quite possibly things have changed. Just make sure you have a good attorney that deals specifically in workers comp.

DOK

Generally when you "settle" a comp case they will require you to resign. Now there is what's called MMI(maximum medical improvement)which if you get a disability rating due to your injury they will pay you a small lump sum based on the % of disability you get. I have seen a few settlements over the years here from guys who were not able to return to full duty due to injury, also some who have retired and kept their case open through the years. Now keep in mind comp laws are different from state to state. I can only speak from what I've seen in my state and the comp laws here do not benefit the injured worker very well.
I found it weird when a friend of mine who works construction company got a settlement and then returned to work once it was settled. He wasn’t allowed to work for the company while the settlement was being processed. I realize we do things differently at UPS.

Yolo

r64gu.jpg

Over70irregs

Be careful about getting put on light duty from your own Dr. if you do and LM denies your claim and you have to fight them it may take some time to make it through the court system, longer than the time given for light duty. Teamcare may also deny you STD as it's a workers comp issue. There was a guy in my building about 20 years ago this very same thing happened. Had to fight them and it took close to a year to get through the court systems as at the time it was a slow process. Basically cut of after 30 days of TAW and told not to return until he was 100%. Which was impossible unless he had surgery. I believe at the time it Central States who was our healthcare provider before Teamcare took over and denied covering it. He eventually won in court but had no pay or benefits for close to a year. Again this was a long time ago and most likely not the same state as you quite possibly things have changed. Just make sure you have a good attorney that deals specifically in workers comp.
Knew a guy also took a year. Also talked to a driver who used his vacation pay and did surgery for work injury using company insurance.

AKCoverMan

My sweetie is out right now, since May 2022, had shoulder rebuilt. In PT working hard now to be able come back. Our state WC law working for her so far. $2686 every two weeks tax free.

Biggest bummer is not being able to stash money in Roth 401K since it’s not on paycheck and loss of pension contributions. She hopes be back in next 6-8 weeks.

My sweetie is out right now, since May 2022, had shoulder rebuilt. In PT working hard now to be able come back. Our state WC law working for her so far. $2686 every two weeks tax free.

Biggest bummer is not being able to stash money in Roth 401K since it’s not on paycheck and loss of pension contributions. She hopes be back in next 6-8 weeks.
I bonds!