workin on christmas eve

opie

I don't think it will be that bad as some might think. Maybe depends where you are, we have had good weather here. Most online stores cutoff was yesterday or earlier today to place an order. Amazon will stop accepting orders for Christmas at 7:30PM today Eastern time. So most of the last minute orders will ship out today for delivery tomorrow. Our manager said that it will be like the Friday after Thanksgiving. Maybe there might be more ground than air packages lol. Also I keep hearing about 'christmas' looking packages will be delivered on Saturday, but what about those that don't have any stickers or markings that indicates its a Xmas gift? Pretty much any residential will have to be treated as a Xmas gift I would think.

iowa boy

We were told that we will be delivering only Saturday air. Nothing ground, no Tuesday air, just Saturday air. But we still will have about 15 drivers working.

iowa boy

I guess they did not tell you that Ground packages would be upgraded to Air!

I can upgrade them all to air just like the Fedex guy did, that would be kinda fun.:devil3: And when I saw a camera, I would make sure to give it the one finger wave :salute: just for good measure. What the hell, it will be Christmas eve, who cares!!! :happy2:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just by reading all the posts, this is a corporate wide plan they set in place this year. I never worked more than 50 hours in any peak, this year I have 47 in 4 days so far !!!!

I want to be pissed at my center manager so much but I'm just going to be mad at the wrong person !!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess the "corporate wide plan" was not forwarded to the Bubble of Goodness. I have punched out at the same time that I normally do throughout Peak as have most of my co-workers. We were down one driver (skiing accident) and had another with a back "injury" who banged in Monday, yesterday and today. 2.5 hours OT on my last check mostly due to our earlier start time (0830) on Monday.

I will be working tomorrow.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I guess the "corporate wide plan" was not forwarded to the Bubble of Goodness. I have punched out at the same time that I normally do throughout Peak as have most of my co-workers. We were down one driver (skiing accident) and had another with a back "injury" who banged in Monday, yesterday and today. 2.5 hours OT on my last check mostly due to our earlier start time (0830) on Monday.

Why am I not shocked !!

When you retire , they're going to place a statue of you in front of 55 Glenlake Pkwy. N.E., Atlanta, GA !
It's going to be a bronze dodo bird crapping on the contract !!

The grandkids will love to hear how great you are bouncing on your knee !! Merry Xmas !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why am I not shocked !!

When you retire , they're going to place a statue of you in front of 55 Glenlake Pkwy. N.E., Atlanta, GA !
It's going to be a bronze dodo bird crapping on the contract !!

The grandkids will love to hear how great you are bouncing on your knee !! Merry Xmas !!

Where in my post did it say anything about violating the contract?

I had an awesome helper and a mgt team that put the best plan they could in place. The weather was very cooperative and on the two days that we had late air they shuttled the work to us.

I am working tomorrow to let a younger driver with young kids spend the day with his family. I am also working as my daughter will not be here until Monday and my son will be snowboarding. I am working because there is a set of golf clubs at Dick's with my name on them.

Why am I justifying myself to you anyway?

I had an awesome helper and a mgt team that put the best plan they could in place. The weather was very cooperative and on the two days that we had late air they shuttled the work to us.

I am working tomorrow to let a younger driver with young kids spend the day with his family. I am also working as my daughter will not be here until Monday and my son will be snowboarding. I am working because there is a set of golf clubs at Dick's with my name on them.

Why am I justifying myself to you anyway? Oh yea because of the pressure to keep up my 12.77 posts per day average. On to my next post.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Why am I justifying myself to you anyway?

Seems appropriate that you have your eye on something at a store named Dicks.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Low man can be. I have been.

How were you "forced"?
Here we are afforded 6 occurrences in a 9 month period before you have an attendance problem.
Funny thing though, management its telling the low men that they are trying to "force" in that failure to comply will result in swift and severe punishment.
LOL

badpal

How were you "forced"?
Here we are afforded 6 occurrences in a 9 month period before you have an attendance problem.
Funny thing though, management its telling the low men that they are trying to "force" in that failure to comply will result in swift and severe punishment.
LOL
Well true but anyone scheduled tommorrow and calls in with a OCCURRENCE will sure lose respect among his coworkers. Especially if it keeps them out late on Christmas eve. Believe me that kind of thing is remembered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well true but anyone scheduled tommorrow and calls in with a OCCURRENCE will sure lose respect among his coworkers. Especially if it keeps them out late on Christmas eve. Believe me that kind of thing is remembered.

We had a driver bang in Monday, yesterday and today. The four other drivers he has impacted will most surely remember.

evenpar78

In the Aiken center they are trying to say it will be straight pay, because it is a normal working day not a holiday. We'll see about that. Bottom line I've made enough money this christmas, they can take the holiday pay and stick where the sun don't shine.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

I had 48 hours last week, less than most non-peak weeks. I don't see anyone being short on hours going into Sat. We are only running Sat air anyway.