Working After retirement

rod

Retired 22 years
Just had a retired friend grind 2 large stumps for me. After he retired he bought himself a sweet used self powered stump grinder he hauls around on a smaller trailer. He charges 50 bucks a stump (if you clean up the grindings) and said many days he can rake in a thousand dollars or more. Rich people on the lakes don't like having old stumps in their manicured yards. Many of his jobs are "cash" ones. If I was just retiring I would look into a business like that.

Just had a retired friend grind 2 large stumps for me. After he retired he bought himself a sweet used self powered stump grinder he hauls around on a smaller trailer. He charges 50 bucks a stump (if you clean up the grindings) and said many days he can rake in a thousand dollars or more. Rich people on the lakes don't like having old stumps in their manicured yards. Many of his jobs are "cash" ones. If I was just retiring I would look into a business like that.
That's a good price he's charging
I'm sure he could get a lot more than that

rod

Retired 22 years
That's a good price he's charging
I'm sure he could get a lot more than that
The Professional tree services charge anywhere from 75 to 150 or more. He said he very seldom does a job where a neighbor or 2 or 3 don't approach him about doing their stumps also. One of mine came over and hired him for tomorrow to do a bunch of stumps in his yard. (He gave me the "family discount" and charged me 40 bucks ---and a couple beers afterwards).

The Professional tree services charge anywhere from 75 to 150 or more. He said he very seldom does a job where a neighbor or 2 or 3 don't approach him about doing their stumps also. One of mine came over and hired him for tomorrow to do a bunch of stumps in his yard. (He gave me the "family discount" and charged me 40 bucks ---and a couple beers afterwards).
Nice

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'd rather sit in my antigravity chair and watch the stumps rot.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Call your Local and get the CORRECT answer. The last thing you want to do is screw up your pension because you didn't follow the rules.
The local will direct him to the fund, which will send him the form to document what the job is. They approve it. I’ve done it.

rod

Retired 22 years
The local will direct him to the fund, which will send him the form to document what the job is. They approve it. I’ve done it.
All I ever had to do was call the Local and get their ok. I did that a couple of times. I'm sure EVERY Local is different that is why I told him to call first.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
All I ever had to do was call the Local and get their ok. I did that a couple of times. I'm sure EVERY Local is different that is why I told him to call first.
My local directs you to the pension fund. They can’t make the call on jobs after retirement.

oldngray

nowhere special
They really eased up on restrictions at my local. Now you can work anywhere as long as it isn't something in the trucking industry.