Working After retirement

Kmagg821

I retired recently and have played my share of golf and now I'm looking for something else to keep me busy. I was looking to get part time or full time job but have not got any real answers about number of hours I can work / what jobs I may have/ etc.
Anyone else working after retirement ? If so how many hours / job ideas.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
get a hobby like gardening, woodworking, shooting, hiking, or whatever

stay out of the workplace, don’t need you boomers sucking up all the jobs

those are reserved for illegal immigrants and minorities

Shiftless

I retired recently and have played my share of golf and now I'm looking for something else to keep me busy. I was looking to get part time or full time job but have not got any real answers about number of hours I can work / what jobs I may have/ etc.
Anyone else working after retirement ? If so how many hours / job ideas.

You did not identify where you retired from?

Easy! Contact your Teamster Conference that controls your annuity if you retired as a UPS Teamster.

I was in the WCT (Western Conference Teamster) Pension Plan

Goes like this in WCT: Your area may be different?
Up to 60 you can work up to 50 hours a month
60 to 65 85 hours
65 plus Unlimited NO loss of pension beneifits

Here is their link: Working After You Retire | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
hours depends on your area. in the west you can work ( I think ) 50 hours a month without penalty to your pension until age 62. from 62-65 i think it is 85 hours a month and from 65 you can work as much as you want without penalty.

i wanted to work for the first year to year and a half after retiring. was offered a bunch of jobs since people knew I worked for UPS.

glad i didn't go back to work. took a hobby and made it into a pretty good side business that we do several hours a day. did you have any hobbies while working? maybe you can monetize that.

we are busier now than when I was working. we enjoy yard work and a couple hobbies. going hiking with the dogs , take day time country drives to small towns for lunch, go to garage sales on weekends , go to the gym , etc.

I think most retirees go thru this after a lifetime of work. At first you enjoy travel, fishing, seeing relatives etc . for awhile but then that all gets old. Then you get into a boring period where you don't know what to do with yourself. You just have to let the opportunities come to you and they will. Before you know the time will be flying cause you are so busy having fun.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Easy! Contact your Teamster Conference that controls your annuity if you retired as a UPS Teamster.

60 to 65 85 hours

Here is their link: Working After You Retire | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust
you can work any job outside your teamster job classification as much as you want. I was a feeder driver so can't truck drive for over those hours without penalty. they did OK me to drive a school bus though ( which i did not take ) . I could work any other job outside of commercial driving as many hours as i wanted . also if i wanted to drive a truck full time without penalty I would have to live outside the conference area until age 65.

crazy rules. social security basically does the same thing. penalize you for working after you get the bennies.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey

60 to 65 85 hours

Those rules are for SUSPENDABLE employment, which is defined as work in the same field of work or for another Teamster job. I asked about a certain job, they told me unlimited hours in that field. You do have to file a form annually, and verify that it is not suspendable employment.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If I were to ever get bored I’d think about being in the back of a package car on a 100 degree day with 12 hours work

Iam sure the boredom would subside very quickly

clean hairy

you can work any job outside your teamster job classification as much as you want. I was a feeder driver so can't truck drive for over those hours without penalty. they did OK me to drive a school bus though ( which i did not take ) . I could work any other job outside of commercial driving as many hours as i wanted . also if i wanted to drive a truck full time without penalty I would have to live outside the conference area until age 65.

crazy rules. social security basically does the same thing. penalize you for working after you get the bennies.
After age 66 no ss penalty regardless of how much you make?