Working After retirement

tourists24

For us it's not an issue of it being a teamster/union job, our fund basically restricts any kind of work union or otherwise to 40 hours/month until age 70. School bus driver is literally the only job where you can just go work full time.
It's only 40 hrs a month? Crap I thought it was 60

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For whatever reason our local has no restrictions on driving a school bus, so that's what guys do here if they want to keep working.

My father in law was a school administrator he always said it would be a hell of a job if
It weren’t for all the damn kids
Same with bus driver

Up In Smoke

Whatcha selling Cheech
I bought some rentals from my parents when retired, we partnered with private equity group and own some storage units and my wife bought/worked her way into a tax escrow research company partnership for us. I do maintenance, accounts receivable/payable and basic accounting and payroll. I currently do not take a paycheck, but laws allow me to fund a 401k as an employee through the business. I don't believe the fund will care, but once I start taking income, I'm sure they're going to want to know where it's coming from.

clean hairy

Here in the southern years ago, one retiree was working a lawn care business.
The pension folls told him he could not do that work as the riding mower had a steering wheel.
Again, this was years ago, possibly changed since then...

rod

Retired 22 years
For whatever reason our local has no restrictions on driving a school bus, so that's what guys do here if they want to keep working.
Probably the WORST after retirement job you could take. It messes up your whole day having to work mornings and afternoons both.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bought some rentals from my parents when retired, we partnered with private equity group and own some storage units and my wife bought/worked her way into a tax escrow research company partnership for us. I do maintenance, accounts receivable/payable and basic accounting and payroll. I currently do not take a paycheck, but laws allow me to fund a 401k as an employee through the business. I don't believe the fund will care, but once I start taking income, I'm sure they're going to want to know where it's coming from.
is your name Dave?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was gonna do that but changed my mind . I just wanted to do it to stay busy but the thought of getting up at 4 am and then watching the clock to go back in afternoon sounded too much.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You have to do something. Not necessarily a job.
A hobby
Going to gym
Travel

something.
Too many stories of retirees dying within a year or 2 of retiring.

My Dad worked part time at a machine shop and loved it. The shop was owned by a friend so he made hi own hours. He would go in around 5 am and work until 9. Then go home and have breakfast with my mother. Then putter around the yard for awhile. Then go to gym and play some racketball. Then have dinner and watch TV.

Did this until around age 89. He collected his civil service pension for 34 years.

He's my hero.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You have to do something. Not necessarily a job.
A hobby
Going to gym
Travel

something.
Too many stories of retirees dying within a year or 2 of retiring.

My Dad worked part time at a machine shop and loved it. The shop was owned by a friend so he made hi own hours. He would go in around 5 am and work until 9. Then go home and have breakfast with my mother. Then putter around the yard for awhile. Then go to gym and play some racketball. Then have dinner and watch TV.

Did this until around age 89. He collected his civil service pension for 34 years.

He's my hero.

Does he know you were a stripper?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Or a dude?
raw.gif