Working Christmas

Tough Guy

No way in hello-kitty should the wheels on brown go round on Christmas Day. I don't care if the CEO of Amazon said UPS is the sole reason your packages are late.

If UPS wants to run packages on Christmas Day,management should be forced to do ALL OF THE WORK. And I would file on Monday for supervisors working.
Yeah there's no way in hell I'd work on Christmas, just because these idiots couldn't get the planning right.

Can you imagine a family sitting around opening up presents, and seeing a ups man walking up to your door with a package?? I draw the line there.

undies

This can all be fixed if this "holiday pay" gets fixed in our next contract. Make UPS pay us $xx / hour to work these days and maybe they will think twice...actually never mind, they'll still work us on Christmas even if they have to pay us $100/ hour.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My supervisor told me tonight that she got an e-mail suggesting that all management should be ready to deliver on Christmas Day. That's ridiculous that anybody in this company would be asked to work Friday.

Tough Guy

Yeah there's no way in hell I'd work on Christmas, just because these idiots couldn't get the planning right.

Can you imagine a family sitting around opening up presents, and seeing a ups man walking up to your door with a package?? I draw the line there.
What did I say that warranted a derail?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My supervisor told me tonight that she got an e-mail suggesting that all management should be ready to deliver on Christmas Day. That's ridiculous that anybody in this company would be asked to work Friday.
You know they hate us Scratch. All of us, drivers and management. COLD HEARTLESS, SELFISH PEOPLE lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can call in but if they tell you to work that day and you just don't show it's a no call no show.
It gets tricky coding it for that day though. When we put it in GTS the only way to code you as a no-call, no show or called in is to delete your holiday code, which eliminates your holiday pay. We can't have two non work codes in one card. So you have to put on or the other. What do you think we're going to put? The holiday, because if you worked Thursday, you earned the holiday pay for Friday. Even if someone tries to get around it, it isn't worth it since the person is either going to need a payroll adjustment or we will eventually have a grievance filed.

TL;DR, you can call out or no show, but we can't code it as such since you are guaranteed holiday pay.

SCV good to go sir.

Rumor is my hub is going to make us work on Christmas. Stupid ass company, if the box isn't there by Christmas Eve it's too :censored2:ing late. No one wants the UPS man knocking on their door during Christmas with a late present. Only the retards at this company could equate delivering a package on Christmas afternoon to making service.

DUMB :censored2:S.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is my 29th peak and not once have we ever worked on Christmas day. I dont see it happening this yesr either. Even if I were willing to, I will be out of hours by then anyway.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

We both know it's not the ups of old; it will only get worse as time goes on.

Just how bad it can get is anyone's guess.