Working fast

Holydriver

I have a Bluetooth headset that is worn around my neck and the earbuds pull out. It satisfies the Federal requirement for a handsfree device while driving, and I can listen to my music when I am on the highway driving home when I'm done delivering, never in town, too dangerous. I don't even do that in my personal vehicle.
Is it any different to have your windows up with the volume up high?

iowa boy

Is it any different to have your windows up with the volume up high?

Then what's the difference between what you said and driving 65 mph with the doors closed and the diesel screaming at you? We have trucks that are so loud you should wear earplugs. So some of us will put our earbuds in so they also work as earplugs with no music playing.

Besides, I'm 46 years old, I can't take that loud music crap anymore.

Holydriver

Then what's the difference between what you said and driving 65 mph with the doors closed and the diesel screaming at you? We have trucks that are so loud you should wear earplugs. So some of us will put our earbuds in so they also work as earplugs with no music playing.

Besides, I'm 46 years old, I can't take that loud music crap anymore.
My point exactly. Saying that driving with earbuds and music playing is any more dangerous than any other scenario that you mentioned is just plain ignorant.

Keenj

A good list of podcasts on my iPod helps me keep my sanity through the monotony of my route. If only my customers knew why I sometimes laugh for no reason, they'd find me stranger than I already am.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The point of this thread was about something I've been doing lately. Most days I'm just on cruise control, clock in, run my air, blah blah...
I know what my speed is, and I go that speed. I've learned that the best thing to do is find a pace that you think is fair, and work at that speed.
But some times I just want to see how well I can perform, and I try to follow the methods perfectly while moving at a good speed. The kind of pace that would make a supervisor smile lol.
I never do this the whole day, only when I'm feeling up for it. I just can see my improvement over the last year or so since I went full time, and I'm kind of testing myself.
Do any of you, especially the newer guys, do this? I know I'm probably losing a little money but that's ok. Btw I'm never unsafe or straining myself, just testing my limits.
you'll just love it when a supervisor claims that you are "stealing time" when you go back to your normal pace. remember that this career is a marathon not a sprint so your body can last 30 years.

Rack em

Made the Podium
???

how did he get his DOT card?
He has hearing aids and apparently he can hear good enough with them in? Everyone was pretty shocked when he became a driver because they thought there was no way he could be a driver. Some drivers were actually mad about him being a driver which I thought was weird?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I do it daily.

Do you say this because I'm in a PC? Because in my personal car I don't hesitate to have the music cranked even when the windows are rolled up. I guess both are unsafe?
Good way to have an accident in a package car. You won't have to worry about how miserable you are at ups, because you'll be out of a job. That's one thing that is just asinine. I have a blue tooth radio but wearing headphones while driving a ups truck is very dangerous.

What are you? 16 and stupid?

You can't be this dumb to risk that 100k job you hate over this?

Damn

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It's also illegal to be talking on phone without hands free device but I always see the coppers doing that. Besides, rules were meant to be broken. Man up, live a little

When you're driving a commercial truck that has the weight and size to kill people in small accidents, you need to be more responsible and mature then this.

A radio is fine. Headphones is not.

Your statements on here make you sound like you have the basic intelligence and understanding of a 14 year old who did too much LSD his first time.

You can't be this stupid all the time, are you?

I'm thinking you've already shown us all in all your comments that you are.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My point exactly. Saying that driving with earbuds and music playing is any more dangerous than any other scenario that you mentioned is just plain ignorant.

It is dangerous. Having music in your truck is different then putting earbuds in and canceling out other sounds you would normally hear with a radio in the truck.

It lowers your reaction and senses too.

But keep doing it so you have an accident in a ups truck and possibly hurt or kill someone else. Then watch as you lose your job with no recourse from the union and get sued personally by the other party you hurt and lose everything else.

"Man up " and buy a blue tooth radio genius.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
you'll just love it when a supervisor claims that you are "stealing time" when you go back to your normal pace. remember that this career is a marathon not a sprint so your body can last 30 years.
Is that how you lasted 30..I mean 17 "fictional "years as a driver?

Do they teach that at the independent contractor outfit you really drive for?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
When you're driving a commercial truck that has the weight and size to kill people in small accidents, you need to be more responsible and mature then this.

A radio is fine. Headphones is not.

Your statements on here make you sound like you have the basic intelligence and understanding of a 14 year old who did too much LSD his first time.

You can't be this stupid all the time, are you?

I'm thinking you've already shown us all in all your comments that you are.
Speaking of stupid.... *than

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Speaking of stupid.... *than
Yes iPhone autocorrect is stupid.

That's all you have?

Being that your name is "dookie stain", you might want to refrain from trying to correct anything.

Seriously that is just an awesome idea for a screen name. It must fit your abilities in life.