Working for both... (FedUpx)

A

Anonymous Jones

Anyone see a problem working for both
UPS and FedEX?
not two DOT jobs.
One DOT another inside P/T loader?

I've looked over policy and I don't see specifics, but
I'm curious if anyone knows of anyone who has done this?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous me

about 10 years ago I worked for Airborne and UPS..Both Driving positions..Although I quite Ghetoborne after the first day...

dragracer66

Anyone see a problem working for both
UPS and FedEX?
not two DOT jobs.
One DOT another inside P/T loader?

I've looked over policy and I don't see specifics, but
I'm curious if anyone knows of anyone who has done this?

Thanks.
I know of 2 people that are currently doing that now. I say what you do on your own time is your business. As long as it doesn't affect your parcel job.

tieguy

Banned
The other job can affect the dot job. You have to include those hours in your DOT calculations. You have to have 10 continous hours off for DOT which is tough to do when working two jobs. You're probably okay on drive time. You can't work more then 60 hours in a week. The good news is DOT really does not apply to local drivers so if you are a p/t air driver then DOT does not apply. The bad news is UPS tries to follow DOT guidelines for their local drivers too. :thumbup1:

Overpaid Union Thug

I worked for RPS on the noonday shift and the UPS on the twilight shift. I let my sister talk me into quiting RPS to go work with her in a factory. That was a huge mistake. I was a shifter at RPS and worked in smalls and sometimes on the air belt at UPS. It was basically like having an easy/easy combo job except each shift was for a different company. It was also cool that RPS and UPS were only minutes away from each other. About a week before I quit RPS they stopped hiring people that worked for UPS because that was during the time FedEx had bought out RPS and they have always had that policy in place. Any UPS employee that was already working there was aloud to stay though.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
Hmmmmmm, I don't think it would be a problem with UPS guidelines. I see it more being a Teamster problem. You'd be working a job that works against Teamster jobs. I don't know this for sure, I'm just "assuming" this. You'd have to check with a business agent.

SmithBarney

But if your in a Right to work state, the Union really doesn't matter..
Shouldn't really matter anyway.. unless of course you were in management
at both companies... then that would/could cause operational issues..
But if your just slingin boxes at night.. and you have your 10hrs between jobs..
then it shouldn't matter.
Not to mention its really none of their business(unless it affects either job)