Working kinda late ain't ya?

happyboy

There should be some d.o.t rule or contract language that all the packages must fit on the shelves or under them or you must put in another route

IMG00067.jpg

browniehound

My girlfriend saw this picture and can't believe thats the type of loads we are given to work with. To me, that load wasn't that bad! I could actually work with that. It appears that I wouldn't have to search too long for my first stop. I'm in a 1000 and its stuffed much more than that truck.

Its funny that UPS takes away our sorting time allowance when EDD was intouduced. How can they justify that? Look at that load for goodness sakes! Right there is the norm on what us drivers have to deal with. So instead of a "sort allowance" we should be given a "find package allowance".

Is there anyone here from management that can honestly say we can do 10 more stops a day because we don't have to sort our truck?

Look at that picture! Our trucks are supposed to be loaded stop for stop so we can do 10 extra stops per day. My guess is I'm going to be searching high and low through that load all day long. And then, I'll be searching for at least 2 packages that won't even be on the truck!

After looking at the picture, I wan't somebody to look me in the eyes and honestly tell me PAS will make me more efficient! Thank you and have a nice day.

Cementups

Box Monkey
How many miles per day?

130-140 daily

That lad wouldn't bother me too much if at least the packages were in the right general area of the truck. My 3rd delivery of the day, which should be in about 1600, I found about an hour later in the RDL section. He doesn't even make the effort to get the stuff to the front of hte truck sometimes.

LKLND3380

Delivered to a heavy set old lady who is a retired school bus driver that lives about a hour drive to town. She said I think I'm going to come down and get me a job driving a UPS package car. I use to drive the bus and it can't be that hard. I said it's not if you can carry a refrigerator up three flights of stairs by yourself and do that about 20 times a hour for about 11 hours you will do fine. On top of driving all the way from out of town every day. That shut her up.
:wheelchai

Yeah, we would be more than happy to have her on the preload for 3 to 5 years...:happy-very:

LKLND3380

Here is said loaders recent attempt. This load had 8 Walked In Wrong Cars...the new term for misloads.

IMG00067.jpg

I don't really see a problem... I see labels facing outward and it looks like airs are in the right place... Now that paper box could be taped up:wink2:

BULK IT OUT!!! DRIVERS START IN 5 MINUTES!!!:devil3: GET IT IN THERE...

S

Simply Blue

That picture looks like my split car....this past Fri. i had 230 miles and 110 stops...98 dr's.

LKLND3380

I love the air in the 7000 charted area.

Is that an air in the 7000??? I mean customers would NEVER use a NDA box for regular ground... Nor would anyone stick NDA stickers on ground packages....

I have had a couple drivers tell me to stick NDAs with bulk stops for certain customers...

Overpaid Union Thug

130-140 daily

That lad wouldn't bother me too much if at least the packages were in the right general area of the truck. My 3rd delivery of the day, which should be in about 1600, I found about an hour later in the RDL section. He doesn't even make the effort to get the stuff to the front of hte truck sometimes.

Today I found a 2000 at the bottom of a bulk "RDR." That RDR bulk stop was a stop that is delivered along with the 6000 section! A package numbered 2000, along with 1000, 3000, 4000, should NEVER be loaded in the wrong spot. How hard is it to place any of those next to the bulkhead?

Big Babooba

Delivered to a heavy set old lady who is a retired school bus driver that lives about a hour drive to town. She said I think I'm going to come down and get me a job driving a UPS package car. I use to drive the bus and it can't be that hard. I said it's not if you can carry a refrigerator up three flights of stairs by yourself and do that about 20 times a hour for about 11 hours you will do fine. On top of driving all the way from out of town every day. That shut her up.
:wheelchai
Sure, the package car is probably easier to drive, but the school bus passengers load and unload themselves.