working seasonal hire n not working tcd's

arightaright

does anyone know of any centers that are useing there p/t employees or peak hire to deliver rather than tcd's(cover drivers). can they do this

menotyou

bella amicizia
I delivered out of my own car for a few years. Mileage, driver pay and OT. Customers thought UPS had switched to Subaru's. They learned my car. I loved it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My take on this is that casuals have few rights, if any, and that the company can work PTers and seasonals before they work casuals. It is not the right thing to do and could come back to bite them when they need these guys to work.

arightaright

thats what ive been hearing too. we as casuals almost have to do that helper work cause there not working us and the pay is also like 8.00 hr i think. xmas time use to b the best time of the year but now its turned to be nothing but headache out here. which they would change that whole seasonal thing.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I told them if they didn't supply me with a vehicle, I would grieve my helper pay. That is when they decided I could use my own vehicle. Radio, heated seats, AWD---just lovely.