Workmans comp

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We have a few guys injured and management is not happy. They are trying to make us coming in and work 12am-8am as punishment I guess. Can we decline the raw work and just go out?

Off the leash

We have a few guys injured and management is not happy. They are trying to make us coming in and work 12am-8am as punishment I guess. Can we decline the raw work and just go out?
People on workers comp can be assigned TAW. But only if your Doc says your able to go it. As far as the time, that’s up to UPS. If you feel it’s vindictive see your BA

Off the leash

That’s what they told me and yet I stayed on TAW for over a year! I was on car wash 6pm to 3am. After nearly a year and half they finally made me get off. I had knee surgery after that.

542thruNthru

Have you filed for it being more than 2 hours before your normal start time? Has the company Made a reasonable effort?
Screenshot_20210729-082937_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

They can't be forced.

TAW.... can provide an income stream for a short term injury.

In the Central Region, it's 30 days.

After that, it's considered a permanent position.
I've never heard of someone being able to refuse TAW. Unless a Doctor gives them the restrictions that they should be at home. Can you explain more please.

cachmeifucan

Tell the doctor your fighting a corporation. The note should say no walking standing or sitting for long periods of time must have bed rest. If it can apply. And make sure liberty mutual is cutting you a check for overtime while on taw. Since they only giving 8 hours. Liberty mutual has to pay overtime while on taw.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In the pandemic mayhem of 2020, we had two drivers whose light duty TAW was office work. Started at 8am. Both asked me if they could file for 9.5 penalty pay they got so many hours. One of them did and got paid.

ManInBrown

In feeders they make you show up the first 30 days and just sit there for 8 hours. You get paid your 40 like you’re not out hurt. After 30 if you’re not released to return you stay home, and transition to comp pay. In package you stay home day 1. Not sure how it is other places.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

If you're prescribed pain medication just tell them you cannot drive to work and back while impaired.
That doesn’t cut it. We’ve had that happen in feeders and they say get a ride from someone. Not our problem that you can’t drive. Surely you know someone that can drive you. If not take an Uber.

Off the leash

That doesn’t cut it. We’ve had that happen in feeders and they say get a ride from someone. Not our problem that you can’t drive. Surely you know someone that can drive you. If not take an Uber.
Can you work drowsy? Or unsteady? What can they do prop you in a corner? I don’t doubt they’ll come up with something, just curious

ManInBrown

Can you work drowsy? Or unsteady? What can they do prop you in a corner? I don’t doubt they’ll come up with something, just curious
You don’t do anything. Theres a spot outside the dispatch office and they just make you sit there. You can sleep. They just make you show up. Some people actually prefer it because you still get your 40 as if you’re not out injured. I think comp pay is less. Haven’t been out in a while so I’m not 100% sure.

Off the leash

You don’t do anything. Theres a spot outside the dispatch office and they just make you sit there. You can sleep. They just make you show up. Some people actually prefer it because you still get your 40 as if you’re not out injured. I think comp pay is less. Haven’t been out in a while so I’m not 100% sure.
I’d rather come in and hang out, comp is only about 2/3rds

ManInBrown

There’s theories about why they make us show up. Most think it’s because it keeps the injury off the radar and maybe they get lucky and you get released to return before 30 days is up. I know for a fact in package, you just stay home day 1. No clue why it’s different.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Have you filed for it being more than 2 hours before your normal start time? Has the company Made a reasonable effort?
View attachment 346238

I've never heard of someone being able to refuse TAW. Unless a Doctor gives them the restrictions that they should be at home. Can you explain more please.
Yea I read the same. The BA told me today that that won’t happen. They didn’t make any effort to give us another start time. In one week we got 6peoplw injured and management is pissed. I am taking it as them just retaliating on us. They said 12am-8am to wash windows lol