Worst Package Car You've Driven?

dudebro

If its a stick shift just put it in 5th and dump the clutch.

With the gear speeds that different you might not be able to put it in 5th, the syncho gear would be spinning too fast to catch. I still wouldn't want to be fighting it if it bucked.

Every diesel engine runaway I've ever seen, the solution was to walk away until it seized, then get a new one.

brownstreak86

We have a 1000 that must be from the 70s. No power steering, no backup camera, no dash lights, no cab or cargo light. The thing requires mad skills to get it into gear and shift into the right gear. The part I hate most about this truck though is the bottom step getting into this truck is several inches higher than all our other trucks. Every time I hop in, I bust my shin. Luckily this rig is used primarily for picking up air from the airport and is very rarely used to deliver anymore. Picking up from the airport with it is scary too, we backup right to the plane, but with this gems lack of backup camera and difficulty knowing if you are in gear, things get a bit sketchy at the airport...

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
He better hold it down. Im not sure what the truck would do at high rpms, never seen it happen. If the pedal is let go, it only takes a second to cause other property damage.

-Engine runs away and blows up-No one's fault. Mechanic gets a breakdown, which means nothing.
-Engine runs away, driver tries to stop it, resulting in other property damage or injury-You're getting the blame and the crap that goes with it.
I would look for something to cover the air intake or staff a basketball into the filter housing.