Worst Package Car You've Driven?

opey

only been driving a short time, but had the worst truck a few days this week (other than the road test truck). a 1993 p1000, stick of course and no key fob, the clutch was super hard and half of the time it wouldnt even go into gear. the worst part was probably the gas pedal, for some reason it was also super hard, and was very hard to give only a little. had to basically mash it, not like it went anywhere fast anyway, i dont think I was able to get it up past 30 mph. so it had both my knees and shoulder aching from having to yank the gears, only thing that could have been worse was no power steering.

opey

i dont understand why they dont retrofit the key fob system into all the old trucks? i would say it has to add at least an hour to your day just messing with the keys every stop, especially when u have a bulkhead door lock that doesnt even work smooth. they have no problem retrofitting telematics in them though..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
only been driving a short time, but had the worst truck a few days this week (other than the road test truck). a 1993 p1000, stick of course and no key fob, the clutch was super hard and half of the time it wouldnt even go into gear. the worst part was probably the gas pedal, for some reason it was also super hard, and was very hard to give only a little. had to basically mash it, not like it went anywhere fast anyway, i dont think I was able to get it up past 30 mph. so it had both my knees and shoulder aching from having to yank the gears, only thing that could have been worse was no power steering.
Try doing that for years on end

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Actually those particular ones are quite good when they are kept up properly.

SmithBarney

Any high-step Ford P1000, no power steering. And one day while Powering the steering wheel, it lifted up and off the post(fun times).. the high-step claimed more than one shin injury this wasn't my regular PC and they would switch it on occasion.

underworked1

Car 106051... No power steering, manual transmission that you had to know the secret pattern to get it into gear and the shifter would also pop out on occasion, the rear door required a team lift to get it open, the back up camera didnt work, and to turn the wiper blades on you had to get out of the seat and reach up and turn each individual wiper blade on.

But at least it had a pvc pipe fitting for a cup holder
Classic :censored2:ing ups right there. Write It all up and tomorrow the dvir says (parts ordered). Then 3 months later get the same car, same peoblems...no new parts. Must have shipped fed ex

DorkHead

Same here. I had a 1964 Ford P600 with wood shelves and wood bulkhead door and wood back overhead door. This truck leaked like a siv when it rained but was the best UPS truck I ever drove in the snow!

S

selfcancelsignal

i dont understand why they dont retrofit the key fob system into all the old trucks? i would say it has to add at least an hour to your day just messing with the keys every stop, especially when u have a bulkhead door lock that doesnt even work smooth. they have no problem retrofitting telematics in them though..
Or retro fit all the standards with automatic transmissions.? It would certainly fall in line with the $ management structure currently in place at UP. Lmao.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I used to do that on purpose by shutting the ignition off for a couple of seconds and letting it coast in gear. When you turn the key on again -----KABOOM!!! Once I let it build up a little too long andit blew the muffler apart at the seam. Our mechanic didn't think it was as funny as I did.
Used to do that with an old 600 back in the 80's. If there were kids playing in the road it got them to scatter pretty quick. Had fun with it driving past the golf course also, would make it backfire on someones back swing. Many one finger salutes sent my way.

opey

Or retro fit all the standards with automatic transmissions.? It would certainly fall in line with the $ management structure currently in place at UP. Lmao.
u know as crazy as it sounds, that would still pay for itself probably within a year or 2 for OT saved.... plus with all their safety nonsense, you would think they would bite the bullet and get rid of the manuals, to reduce knee and shoulder wear...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The worst car we have in our building today is far better than the best car we had in the building when I started in 1987.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I do get a kick out of hearing the newbies whine and complain about the stick shift when they have to drive one of our 1994-97 "clunkers". I remember getting one of those "clunkers" brand new back in 96, to replace my GMC 800, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Power steering! Low step! Wide door! Adjustable seat with leg room! Todays new drivers dont know how good they have it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I do get a kick out of hearing the newbies whine and complain about the stick shift when they have to drive one of our 1994-97 "clunkers". I remember getting one of those "clunkers" brand new back in 96, to replace my GMC 800, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Power steering! Low step! Wide door! Adjustable seat with leg room! Todays new drivers dont know how good they have it.
image.jpg
True that brother. True that!!!

opey

i hear that... but its much different when ur used to one thing and go way backwards, than being used to the :censored2:ty thing so it doesnt feel so :censored2:ty, and going forward..