Wounded FedEx Driver Kills Armed Robber During Shootout in Philadelphia

rod

Retired 22 years
They say if you carry a baseball bat in your vehicle for protection be sure to carry a baseball glove with it. It gives you an easy answer when the cops start asking stupid questions. :-)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How would you carry a concealed handgun while wearing summer shorts and the summer shirt and carrying boxes all day. Does not sound very practical. Not in the fast paced physical work that drivers are suppose to maintain.

45B7A1B6-B1A2-4C75-AAB6-9A3B82554CD9.jpeg

Put wallet in lunchbox this will fit right in your back pocket

rod

Retired 22 years
Those were big for maybe a year or two. Impractical novelties.
I had a cap pistol something like that when I was growing up. If you forced your belly out it would swing out and fire automatically. Now days it would be going off like a machine gun.

Faceplanted

The Nazis had some cool stuff also

The term nazis and how it’s used comical. They were Germans. It’s like calling everybody during the Iraq invasions republicans and the whole America republicans.

Imo this was done as to make everything designed and built by the Germans during ww2 and prior... taboo.

I wonder whose idea it was.....

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I had a cap pistol something like that when I was growing up. If you forced your belly out it would swing out and fire automatically. Now days it would be going off like a machine gun.
Tighten either the spring tension or the belly tension.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
7DC1A353-2337-48DD-BE20-9431CC5A5491.jpeg
How would you carry a concealed handgun while wearing summer shorts and the summer shirt and carrying boxes all day. Does not sound very practical. Not in the fast paced physical work that drivers are suppose to maintain.
My summer carry gun is a Ruger LCR .38+P airweight revolver in a Galco pocket holster. It weighs only 14 ounces and fits perfectly in the right front pocket of a pair of denim or khaki shorts without printing. In the left pocket goes a pair of Speed Strips for reloads. I dont carry at work but if I did this is how I would roll. For our female drivers who are too small to carry this way there are holsters that are built in to a sports bra that hold the gun below the armpit.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He was killed by the cops, not the perps. TTKU.
He was seated on the floor between them for 20 minutes during the chase.
Had Frank been armed he could have shot the perp in the passenger seat and then kicked him out the door while the other perp was busy driving. That sets up an entirely different outcome.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They say if you carry a baseball bat in your vehicle for protection be sure to carry a baseball glove with it. It gives you an easy answer when the cops start asking stupid questions. :-)

So if I have a 60º lob wedge in the back seat, I should toss a couple golf balls on the floor?

bbsam

Staff member
Just like the movie theater scenario or wal mart shooting. Dave has this weird thought that anyone that carries is in fear for their life every second. I’d argue it’s the opposite actually. Most feel very safe every day because they carry.
Facts seem to say differently.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
View attachment 276735
My summer carry gun is a Ruger LCR .38+P airweight revolver in a Galco pocket holster. It weighs only 14 ounces and fits perfectly in the right front pocket of a pair of denim or khaki shorts without printing. In the left pocket goes a pair of Speed Strips for reloads. I dont carry at work but if I did this is how I would roll. For our female drivers who are too small to carry this way there are holsters that are built in to a sports bra that hold the gun below the armpit.
I pocket carry a SW 642 which is almost identical to that. Probably wouldn't want to pocket carry it working package with all the moving around. Maybe if I got some snaps sewn into the pocket or something.

vvv

He was seated on the floor between them for 20 minutes during the chase.
Had Frank been armed he could have shot the perp in the passenger seat and then kicked him out the door while the other perp was busy driving. That sets up an entirely different outcome.

You don't think the non-driving crook was obeying UPS policy and wearing his seatbelt? :)