Wounded FedEx Driver Kills Armed Robber During Shootout in Philadelphia

reginald95

Probably illegal carry for that driver. Philadelphia has pretty strict gun laws. Probably will be charged with illegal poss. and fired as well for breaking company policy. Sucks for the guy.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Probably illegal carry for that driver. Philadelphia has pretty strict gun laws. Probably will be charged with illegal poss. and fired as well for breaking company policy. Sucks for the guy.
if he's fired then they should have a gofundme so he'll be set up for awhile.

they'll try to squash this story. they don't want to encourage drivers to start packing. I always carried protection even though it was against company policy. :censored2: em .......the company would never take care of my family if I was killed.

but thank goodness I never had to use it.......yet

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

if he's fired then they should have a gofundme so he'll be set up for awhile.

they'll try to squash this story. they don't want to encourage drivers to start packing. I always carried protection even though it was against company policy. :censored2: em .......the company would never take care of my family if I was killed.

but thank goodness I never had to use it.......yet

GoFundMe----the newest trailer park retirement plan.

Justaloader

Fair enough.

Would you really feel comfortable working a job where you felt the need to carry a weapon in order to make it home safely to your wife, son and daughter?

That can literally be any job. Maybe not doing the actual job itself, but on the way to and from? Absolutely. You never know what you are going to encounter the moment you step out your front door.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That can literally be any job. Maybe not doing the actual job itself, but on the way to and from? Absolutely. You never know what you are going to encounter the moment you step out your front door.
Just like the movie theater scenario or wal mart shooting. Dave has this weird thought that anyone that carries is in fear for their life every second. I’d argue it’s the opposite actually. Most feel very safe every day because they carry.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We transport thousands of dollars in merchandise, it's pretty surprising that these stories haven't been more common. Better to let would be thieves think we might be packing than let them know we're sitting ducks. And where's the training on what to do in case of armed robbery? Where's the safety committee on this? I already know how not to twist my ankle on a rock.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We transport thousands of dollars in merchandise, it's pretty surprising that these stories haven't been more common. Better to let would be thieves think we might be packing than let them know we're sitting ducks. And where's the training on what to do in case of armed robbery? Where's the safety committee on this? I already know how not to twist my ankle on a rock.
In the banking world where a bank robbery happens every minute they tell employees not to be a hero , just comply and give the money.

i was robbed at age 18 when i worked the graveyard shift at a gas station . two guys came in the office , one pointed the gun to my head and I gave him the money. it was only 60 dollars since we were required to make drops in a floor safe. I thought he was going to kill me because he was so pissed. they left.

afterwards i was scared but angry at the same time wishing I had had a gun. the helplessness you feel is over whelming.

I understand why companies don't want employees carrying guns. it can go bad in so many ways , the robber taking the gun, innocents getting killed , and so on. But for those who never been robbed at gun point you can not judge. You should have the right to defend yourself.

Nowadays there is no guarantee the robber would just take the money and merchandise and let you LIVE!!! they are all drugged up or drunk and may just kill you to leave no witnesses.

I'd rather have an out. a way to defend myself.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just like the movie theater scenario or wal mart shooting. Dave has this weird thought that anyone that carries is in fear for their life every second. I’d argue it’s the opposite actually. Most feel very safe every day because they carry.

Not at all. My chief concern is that many of those who are carrying are not qualified to do so and when the time came to actually use that weapon they would fold under pressure.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the banking world where a bank robbery happens every minute they tell employees not to be a hero , just comply and give the money.

i was robbed at age 18 when i worked the graveyard shift at a gas station . two guys came in the office , one pointed the gun to my head and I gave him the money. it was only 60 dollars since we were required to make drops in a floor safe. I thought he was going to kill me because he was so pissed. they left.

afterwards i was scared but angry at the same time wishing I had had a gun. the helplessness you feel is over whelming.

I understand why companies don't want employees carrying guns. it can go bad in so many ways , the robber taking the gun, innocents getting killed , and so on. But for those who never been robbed at gun point you can not judge. You should have the right to defend yourself.

Nowadays there is no guarantee the robber would just take the money and merchandise and let you LIVE!!! they are all drugged up or drunk and may just kill you to leave no witnesses.

I'd rather have an out. a way to defend myself.

Your writing has improved dramatically------this is some of your best fiction yet.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Pennsylvania is a “shall issue” state for CCW. My non resident Utah carry permit is valid there.