Wounded FedEx Driver Kills Armed Robber During Shootout in Philadelphia

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I love watching You-Tube videos where people turned the tables on armed robbers.

If you CC then you should be properly trained . Have had a weapon for about 45 years and maybe pulled it once. It just feels better having one.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We can play the "what if" game all day long. We'll never know what could have / would have happened - we can only speculate. Really no point in going back and forth about it.

That aside, I'm glad the Fedex driver came out on top. The real shame here is the fact that it even happened in the first place. This guy is out there trying to make a living to take care of his own, and has to deal with people like the perpetrator. Takes all kinds to make this world go round, unfortunately.
Ok. Let's do the math.

Driver with gun=1 chance to live.
Driver without gun=0 chance to live.
The math doesnt lie.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Fair enough.

Would you really feel comfortable working a job where you felt the need to carry a weapon in order to make it home safely to your wife, son and daughter?
Please tell me what job is free from active shooter mass casualties?

Answer: The gun shop with a range or...

None.
TTKU

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Pennsylvania is a “shall issue” state for CCW. My non resident Utah carry permit is valid there.
You may want to double check your info. From what I just read on the PA state site they only recognizes a license if you reside in the state that issued the license.
upload_2019-12-18_22-8-39.jpeg
upload_2019-12-18_22-8-39.jpeg

PT Car Washer

How would you carry a concealed handgun while wearing summer shorts and the summer shirt and carrying boxes all day. Does not sound very practical. Not in the fast paced physical work that drivers are suppose to maintain.

Johney

Keep in mind that our driver was not killed by the perps. The last thing either of them wanted to do was add a murder charge to the armed robbery and kidnapping charges that they were already facing.
The last thing they wanted was a murder charge? You really are an idiot.
If that were the case why in the hell were they shooting at the cops? To scare them? How about the jewelry store shoot out? Do you really think they weren’t trying to kill someone? SMH.

derrick

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

that's the best comment I heard today and its 100 percent true. my grandfather retired armed forces used to say that to me as a kid and he trained me to hunt and shoot. I know drivers that carry pipes i there trucks and i'll tell you if someone comes up to me and if I have something it's a me or him situation i'm taking him out and dealing with the 12 jury then the 6 men taking me to the final ride.

Are you seriously suggesting that Frank could have held off his much larger kidnappers (plural) had he been packing? He would have been dead and tossed out of the truck before he had a chance to get off a shot.

But he was literally killed for nothing and tossed out the truck anyway. How could him having a gun have made that situation any worse for him?

Do your words even process through your head before you post or what?