written up for misloads?

drewed

Shankman
Mgmt can be pretty sneaky about misload confrontations when our steward is off work for the night. Otherwise, soon as the steward sees the manager with his notebook, he's really good to immediately get to the scene PDQ and tell you in front of the manager to SLOW DOWN, you cannot be disciplined for not meeting productivity goals. One thing I've learned over the past seven months is that you will never get recognized for being fastest but you darn sure will for misloads.

Hang in there on the misloads. You'll get better with experience. Your sup, if he's like my first one, likes instilling fear into the hearts of newbies and acting like you inflicted the greatest insult possible on him. When I first started, I posted here asking about how big a deal a misload could be because he had freaked out so badly. Responses...everyone laughed and joked about it. I rarely misload anymore. I don't set PPH records, either.

You may not be able to be disciplined for productivity/performance issues ( i still believe you can) but think of this way a misload/missort/LIB costs money, if its a time commit it costs our fee to the customer and if we do try to make service on it its going to cost money for the driver to get off trace to make service. I supervise a runout sort, so whatever the hubs dump on us we have to get through, our intl packages run about 120 dollars of revenue for the company and be damned if i cant hold someone accountable for misloading those pacakages, we have a smart scanning system that will require you to take an extra step to putting that package in the ULD so theres no excuse for it. Its following proper methods that will prevent 99% of misloads

705red

Browncafe Steward
You may not be able to be disciplined for productivity/performance issues ( i still believe you can) but think of this way a misload/missort/LIB costs money, if its a time commit it costs our fee to the customer and if we do try to make service on it its going to cost money for the driver to get off trace to make service. I supervise a runout sort, so whatever the hubs dump on us we have to get through, our intl packages run about 120 dollars of revenue for the company and be damned if i cant hold someone accountable for misloading those pacakages, we have a smart scanning system that will require you to take an extra step to putting that package in the ULD so theres no excuse for it. Its following proper methods that will prevent 99% of misloads

Drewed we work for a company know that has acceptable levels of service failures! I do not know of a center that does not have late air on a daily basis, and just as long as its within reason it is deamed acceptable.

Yet if a loader missorts we want to discipline for missorts because he/she should not have done it. Yet the reason for late airs typically is because the driver has too many airs, now who dispatches this? Management, yet you never here of them being disciplined?

You cant have you cake and eat it too!

You may not be able to be disciplined for productivity/performance issues ( i still believe you can) ...

I'm sure there's a point where you can be disciplined. I mean, both sides have gotta be reasonable. It ticks me off when coworkers are gabbing and screwing around instead of doing their job because that affects everyone else. I don't drag my feet, but when sup decides to send people home at the beginning of the shift and we're getting slammed, I'm not going to pick up my pace to the point where I'm not being careful.