Writting Grievance for doing things your not willing to do????

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And it's not good being a union employee? I was making 23/hr after 6 years with the company, with little to no responsibility or accountability required..

spoken like a true union knucklehead....

jace1319 I like your style, keep up the good work.

How so? You took my comment out of context.

Jace mentioned HIS position, making more than 5 year employees and sitting in an A/C office doing nothing. I simply stated that unlike him, who is accountable and responsible for anything and everything, I am not (relative to his comments). Plus I make double what he does, which I will rub in some more.

Have a field day with this one I guess.

UPSSOCKS

How so? You took my comment out of context.

Jace mentioned HIS position, making more than 5 year employees and sitting in an A/C office doing nothing. I simply stated that unlike him, who is accountable and responsible for anything and everything, I am not (relative to his comments). Plus I make double what he does, which I will rub in some more.

You should make double... You are a full time employee and he is part time.. How long have you been at UPS and I bet when Jace is there as long as you've been he will be making more than you are now.

Have a field day with this one I guess.

tieguy

Banned
ok i have a question.. im a p.t sup..and basically my question is. I always hear these hourly employees constantlyyyy complain about they working too hard or complaining about moving to the work and wanting to go home early with a whole lot work sitting on the belt.. ok now my question is.. why the hell would u want to write a grievance on me if im picking up your slack.. if you cant even perform at the level i would if i was an hourly. First of you dont even perform at a level that is acceptable. which is my fault for letting you slack like that.. not just that but then you carry yourself in conversations with other employees from different areas being distracted and not doing any work at all.. just standing there talking and not doing work. But if they see me as much as touching 1 package its automatically filing for grievance. Also another question. If an employee use excessive personal time and im talking about anywhere from 15-30 mins inbetween every hr could that be considered stealing companies time? especially if the employee doesnt notify a supervisor. the employee just walks out the area and doesnt come back for long periods of time.. on another note its funny because union workers want to complain about management working.. well maybe we wouldnt be working if people knew how to do their dam jobs. if it was for me.. i would love to sit in a office.. and just write on a piece of paper making more then you would if u stayed in the company for 5 yrs =]. its really not that great being a union employee. ... and 1 more thing i want to comment.. about p/t sup being yelled at? that is not true. your asked to do your responsibilities and your accountable to make production .etc. maybe its because i never tolerated anyone coming out of character towards me. if a full time sup screams at me. we can sit in the managers office and discuss a way where i would be talked to in a proper professional matter. thats all to it.. =]

if their going to the bathroom that much then they need to be sent for medical evaluation.

hypocrisy

Banned
For what? Hydrating properly as the company instructs ad nauseam?

Last week I watched a P/T sup send 3 hub workers home while he loaded a trailer (badly) and had two more hub workers feed him packages. While this was going on a sup one door over loaded it with irregs. 2 hours pay at OT rate, not bad and I didn't even get writers cramp. Was one of those you Jace?

jace1319

what can i say.. i could agree with most of you in bits of pieces of your sentence. And about going to the bathroom that often.. They really dont.. they just go around the corner.. pretending to go to the bathroom and instead sits down in the next office with the other full timers and talk about "how their tired of this place" etc etc. Its really abuse. i dont like to exaggerate the issue. But thats just reality. And it seems up to this point that other employees are getting tired of picking up the other employees slack and lack of engagement on maintaining a steady work pace.

As for Mr.Crowbar.... No..... i dont work running a P.D. I Do the small sort. which to me is like the easiest job in the building except the unload. As far as you making more then me. ? well lets see.. i been in the company for 1 & 1/2 yrs .. which i def got alot to learn but how much you think ill be making by the time im up on my 6th yr? besides im guarantee 5 and 1/2 and you as a full timer is guarantee what?? ...........well yea. and like i said.. i dont plan to be a part timer for long.. either im looking to do something else inside ups. or Finish school and see where my accounting degree gets me at. =]

UPSSOCKS

smh i wanna delete this post.. i see thats its either one way or another.. ... unions vs management.. i guess i got caught in a bad situation. .... you like my style.. sure you do.... just be happy you dont work in my operation.. so you keep up the good work.....

What operation are you at??

jace1319

you see the problem with you grieving me wouldnt be so nice.. i mean no ones perfect right?? and im sure your not.. Wouldnt you think you would be my prime target if you grieve me? lol i would make you do everything i would slave you until you tell me NO... then i can happily write you up for failure to follow instructions.. you wouldnt wanna play that with me...and im in the air small sort operation

UPSSOCKS

you see the problem with you grieving me wouldnt be so nice.. i mean no ones perfect right?? and im sure your not.. Wouldnt you think you would be my prime target if you grieve me? lol i would make you do everything i would slave you until you tell me NO... then i can happily write you up for failure to follow instructions.. you wouldnt wanna play that with me...and im in the air small sort operation

I love it, don't lose that edge... Good supervisors play hard ball, GREAT supervisors, ride them, and outlast them...

UnconTROLLed

perfection

LOL...Socks coaching you well there, Saber Tooth Tiger in the making?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
what can i say.. i could agree with most of you in bits of pieces of your sentence. And about going to the bathroom that often.. They really dont.. they just go around the corner.. pretending to go to the bathroom and instead sits down in the next office with the other full timers and talk about "how their tired of this place" etc etc. Its really abuse. i dont like to exaggerate the issue. But thats just reality. And it seems up to this point that other employees are getting tired of picking up the other employees slack and lack of engagement on maintaining a steady work pace.

As for Mr.Crowbar.... No..... i dont work running a P.D. I Do the small sort. which to me is like the easiest job in the building except the unload. As far as you making more then me. ? well lets see.. i been in the company for 1 & 1/2 yrs .. which i def got alot to learn but how much you think ill be making by the time im up on my 6th yr? besides im guarantee 5 and 1/2 and you as a full timer is guarantee what?? ...........well yea. and like i said.. i dont plan to be a part timer for long.. either im looking to do something else inside ups. or Finish school and see where my accounting degree gets me at. =]

Stealing time is just ignorant. I think if someone is stealing time they either have a connection w/ mgmt or are easy targets to lose their job. One of the two.

hypocrisy

Banned

Retaliation for filing a grievance! Excellent! That would be an easy win as far as a NLRB charge goes with little involved but some documentation.

hypocrisy

Banned

Please, check back with us in 4.5 years and tell us how lucrative your UPS career has been. I guarantee we'll be underwhelmed.

jace1319

smh big baby... even if you grieve me dont the money goes to the high seniority? crowbar..u think you got the answers to everything. you really dont.. you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?.. its too bad that you can sit there and tell me that im basically hopeless.. But your fortunate that you dont work for me. I would love to exercise my authority =] and to think that your probably twice my age... i get a laugh at that.

hypocrisy

Banned
Actually, you are the one who is fortunate Jace. I make bad supervisors like you my pet project and they soon find out how much "authority" they really have. My body count is now two pages long and growing every year. I live for the "You will work as directed" mentality, it's the fastest way to see Management hang themselves! You personify the cancer that is keeping UPS from being the absolute best company to work for in America.

Twice your age? Maybe. Three times your pay? Most definitely, and then some. Four times as wise? Absolutely, but then again; you set the bar pretty low.

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually, you are the one who is fortunate Jace. I make bad supervisors like you my pet project and they soon find out how much "authority" they really have. My body count is now two pages long and growing every year. I live for the "You will work as directed" mentality, it's the fastest way to see Management hang themselves! You personify the cancer that is keeping UPS from being the absolute best company to work for in America.

Twice your age? Maybe. Three times your pay? Most definitely, and then some. Four times as wise? Absolutely, but then again; you set the bar pretty low.[/QUOTE]

excellent burn

[video=youtube;qdGXFdXyOBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGXFdXyOBw[/video]