Wrongful Termination and Retaliation

PackageCarBeast

You haven't been driving for three years. Maybe you were called up to drive periodically because you have a valid DOT. I understand what you're saying, but as far as the company and the union is concerned, you aren't "DRIVING" until you've made your packet. You were in a packet because for one reason or another, you didn't pass before or there wasn't a position to put you in. That's obvious in the fact that you were currently in a 30 day packet, it doesn't matter what you did before that! I've seen high seniority drivers change locations and have to go through a new 30 day packet at their new center. Guess what, sometimes they don't make it. Your prior three years mean absolutely nothing! Go back to your part time position and try again next year. Unless the labor manager in your division is a bonehead (and they rarely are) you're done. DQ'd. End of story.
I’m just a air driver becoming a cover driver, I’ve seen air drivers become cover drivers at my Center after they have been in a car accident in the ups truck and were still able to pass?!?!

Future

Victory Ride
I’m not fired ahha try again buddy
EC3CD77B-32F5-46EE-B154-A1678664C59E.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Those old diesel trucks are very loud. I use mine for ear protection.... One of our other drivers delivers to the airport and always has ear protection in.
I wore earplugs the last couple years in feeder. i think it helped . my hearing inmy left ear ( window side ) is worse than right. earplugs are different from music from earphones.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
He may have set you up. They usually don’t check on drivers 2 at a time unless they want a witness with them.
as usual there is probably a lot more to this story. may we hear from the prosecution?

yes "this driver is a real PIA. comes in late , back talks and show no respect , calls out too much , just a general pain and we are sick of him so decided to get evidence to fire him legit."