YOU ALL LOOK LIKE SCRAGGY HOMELESS EX-CON NO ACCOUNTS!!!

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I wouldn’t agree with that. Let me explain why. I work in Nassau, New York overnight, I am a union inside 22.3 employee. So we don’t see or deal directly with customers. So I don’t think we need to adhere to strict appearance guidelines. That being said you shouldn’t come to work wearing ripped clothes smelling of marijuana either. There should be some standards. I also understand that UPS needs to fill the positions and that sometimes they have to lower there standards. But to what extent ? Also why does it seem next to impossible to fire a management supervisor ? We have one that’s been bounced around two buildings and from the twi to night on our shift. He doesn’t pay people right and can’t put vacations in correctly. Constantly yelling at his own supervisors and union employees. He’s been sat down by security and numerous employees both union and non union have called corporate on him. What’s crazy is not only have they not fired this person he’s going around saying he might get promoted to manager ( not sure if that’s true the man is known liar ) . I don’t think he can even read or write. I think anyone that works with or near him would agree the place would be much better off without him. To sum it up I miss the old days. Union workers stuck together and the management person you dealt with was competent and could at least read and write .
UPS won't pay for hubrat shirts getting ripped up so T.S.

wilberforce15

I wouldn’t agree with that. Let me explain why. I work in Nassau, New York overnight, I am a union inside 22.3 employee. So we don’t see or deal directly with customers. So I don’t think we need to adhere to strict appearance guidelines. That being said you shouldn’t come to work wearing ripped clothes smelling of marijuana either. There should be some standards. I also understand that UPS needs to fill the positions and that sometimes they have to lower there standards. But to what extent ? Also why does it seem next to impossible to fire a management supervisor ? We have one that’s been bounced around two buildings and from the twi to night on our shift. He doesn’t pay people right and can’t put vacations in correctly. Constantly yelling at his own supervisors and union employees. He’s been sat down by security and numerous employees both union and non union have called corporate on him. What’s crazy is not only have they not fired this person he’s going around saying he might get promoted to manager ( not sure if that’s true the man is known liar ) . I don’t think he can even read or write. I think anyone that works with or near him would agree the place would be much better off without him. To sum it up I miss the old days. Union workers stuck together and the management person you dealt with was competent and could at least read and write .
Nobody agrees with it, except Carol.

RUDoneYet

@UnionStrong Thanks for providing that, I forgot all about Paul Reubens' mess. Sad thing was that was all it took for him to lose what was going to be a big payday from Pee Wees movie part II. Funniest thing was he was on SNL a year or two later in full Pee Wee garb and opened with the line "Anyone seen any good movies lately?". Hilarious, had the whole audience laughing within 5 seconds of his entrance.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Sadly I agree.

When I started at UPS in 1993 the ol timers use to sit around after work and tell us stories about how great the company was back in the day. They told us about the company picniks and bbq's , about the package cars lined up at a local bar at the end of the day with drivers and management drinking together to have a beer or two on a Friday, and how it REALLY was like a big family.

In 1993 the ol timers were bemoaning the fact that the company was growing too big and losing it's touch with employees and how they pined for the good ol days. I think every generation does this but it is much more noticeable these days.

I retired in 2015 just about fed up with the company as most are. I never thought of UPS as a family and saw it slide further. Now in the last 6 years it seems like the sliding has escalated into falling over a clift.

This of course comes from the top/down , not the bottom/up. The leadership.

I would welcome with open arms a "General Patton" type to take over and bring pride back into being a UPSer.

Let's admit this. Decent men and women WANT to be able to take pride in their work and the company they work for. It takes up a good part of your lives and work life does affect the rest of your life in self esteem , pride, respect, and other positive virtues.

That is why I say if I were still there I would keep my high standards on my own. I would be clean, have a spotless uniform , perform my job as professionally as I could , and try to be a good example to my co-workers.
Don't forget about carrying your gun for protection when you're delivering in the city.

feeder05

Where is the pride?
You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Tats, nose rings, lip rings, ear rings, scraggy beards and hair, shirt tails hanging out, dirty uniforms and shoes.......

a couple years from now the company will allow drinking and drugs just to fill the ranks.

Looking like this affects your self esteem. Your life will suffer in the long term.

Keep clean.
Uniforms clean and pressed
Have some pride in your job.

Just because what's her name and the company doesnt give a flying friend anymore doesnt mean you have to lower yourself
to THEIR low standards.

Champions in life set their own high standards and always strive to exceed them.
good for you in my 32 years with the company I've never been so disgusted with our new lack of appearance guidlines...but this is what happens when you get a CEO that came out of the UPS culture. We are the highest paid in the industry and we should look like it. With our wage and benefits we cost the company over $60 and hour.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
good for you in my 32 years with the company I've never been so disgusted with our new lack of appearance guidlines...but this is what happens when you get a CEO that came out of the UPS culture. We are the highest paid in the industry and we should look like it. With our wage and benefits we cost the company over $60 and hour.
I’m glad I’m finished next week.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Pride in my appearance, pride in going the extra little bit for a shipper like coming back later if they weren’t quite ready, pride in working for the biggest shipping and delivery company in the world, pride in providing a good living standard for my family. Yes I worked hard and sacrificed family time. But do you think a doctor or a lawyer doesn’t sacrifice time with their family? I made my choice, I could be an average Joe, or I could work hard and provide a good living for myself and my family. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. No regrets.

Last edited: