You and Peak

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love when driver complain about "the helper slowing me down." Stating they would rather work by themselves. Fools it's not about speed it's about being able to sit back and let the kid run stuff off. Enjoy the break.
Last peak I delivered a town of 1000 then rural stuff. They insisted I have a helper. So for an hour we got after it in town. Then I said sit back and enjoy. We are running rural route for the next few hours.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
My area gets cut in half. Miles jump 50 to 70 plus miles. I normally do 100 myself. With a helper can do 135. For 9.5 day. Any more than that is money time. I see running 60 hr weeks this yr. UPS won't let cover drivers qualify. We will not have enough drivers. Normal day is 22 areas. Peak will be 30. We need 35. Atleast. Plus not counting the random firing. Rehire bs. Oh the games we have to play

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
@TooTechie if your city route requires all signatures like mine does, INSIST that you be given a casual driver as your helper. Figure out a plan with your management team BEFORE peak where the casual could pull a bulk stop or two before jumping on car with you or whatever.

These reprobates that the company attracts with that paltry $9 an hour off the street are absolutely useless to people like us that don't driver release for 10 hours straight.

Three or four times in the last two peaks they've given me a few of these dunce-caps to work with and each time I was out later than I had to be because I was stuck changing their :censored2:ty diapers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

RH, it took me all of 30 minutes to get my helper up to speed on delivering bulk commercial stops. It is not that hard to teach someone how to scan packages, set up the DIAD for a signature, clarify said signature and close out the stop. You certainly don't need to waste a casual driver, who would be much more useful running his or her own area, just because you have a heavy commercial run.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
@TooTechie if your city route requires all signatures like mine does, INSIST that you be given a casual driver as your helper. Figure out a plan with your management team BEFORE peak where the casual could pull a bulk stop or two before jumping on car with you or whatever.

These reprobates that the company attracts with that paltry $9 an hour off the street are absolutely useless to people like us that don't driver release for 10 hours straight.

Three or four times in the last two peaks they've given me a few of these dunce-caps to work with and each time I was out later than I had to be because I was stuck changing their :censored2:ty diapers.
Didn't know that was an option. Never seen it around here.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Didn't know that was an option. Never seen it around here.

The reason that you haven't seen it is that it doesn't make sense to waste a casual driver in this manner when they would be better utilized running their own route.

It's not that hard to get a helper up to speed on commercial deliveries.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
RH, it took me all of 30 minutes to get my helper up to speed on delivering bulk commercial stops. It is not that hard to teach someone how to scan packages, set up the DIAD for a signature, clarify said signature and close out the stop. You certainly don't need to waste a casual driver, who would be much more useful running his or her own area, just because you have a heavy commercial run.

The helper I had for the last two peaks was helpless on the diad. He could text for hours but couldn't figure out "stop complete."

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
This peak will be easy for my building we have Orion this year and all we have to do is follow it stop for stop and we will be fine.

I am assuming I will be punching out under 10 all peak because of the greatness that is ORION>