You tell em Donald

Oldfart

Yes indeed if you're rich , white, republican and come from the same privileged back ground he came from.
What chances did those people have under the previous administration?

I am not rich. I have done well, but not rich. Dirt poor growing up and worked to achieve what I have. Unlike the Democrats way. Do nothing, don't work and wait for your Obama phone and for your EBT card to be activated.

bacha29

What chances did those people have under the previous administration?
So what you are indisputably saying is that you believe that a huge disservice has been done to the oligarchs and wealthy elite of this nation. That is exactly what they have tried for decades to get people like you to believe. If this is the case then why has the wealth disparity continued to expand?

rod

Retired 22 years
Excellent speech.

I thought it was good too. I bet he had everyone there on pins and needles-- just worrying what he would say next. It takes a lot of balls to tell someone who has been in charge for the last 8 years and is setting 10 feet away from you that they more or less have friend'ed everything up.

Oldfart

I thought it was good too. I bet he had everyone there on pins and needles-- just worrying what he would say next. It takes a lot of balls to tell someone who has been in charge for the last 8 years and is setting 10 feet away from you that they more or less have friend'ed everything up.
Yep. Thought that was great.

MAKAVELI

Big balls? I thought it was just Tourettes syndrome.

Oldfart

I find it interesting that 1 person said you can only suppory Trump if you are rich. Another person suggested you have to live in a mobile home to support Trump. Sounds like his support is pretty widespread. I guess that is why he is President and Hillary is just like MFE. A LOSER

vantexan

So what you are indisputably saying is that you believe that a huge disservice has been done to the oligarchs and wealthy elite of this nation. That is exactly what they have tried for decades to get people like you to believe. If this is the case then why has the wealth disparity continued to expand?
You mean it continued to expand the last 8 years? Barry was part of the me first establishment. So was Hillary. Have you ever heard any President shoot a shot across the bow of the establishment like Trump did today? It wasn't a conservative Republican speech, it was a populist speech. He'll never get reelected if he doesn't make good on what he said today. You need to get past the rich man/poor man politics that the Democrats rely on. It's the politics of envy. This president is a patriot, and he wants a country that's as good to his grandchildren as it's been to him, and he wants everyone else to prosper too. Doesn't mean everything will be perfect, but at least we finally have a guy who's going to try. Better believe he'll use the bully pulpit to go after anyone of any party who tries to block his goals.

bacha29

You mean it continued to expand the last 8 years? Barry was part of the me first establishment. So was Hillary. Have you ever heard any President shoot a shot across the bow of the establishment like Trump did today? It wasn't a conservative Republican speech, it was a populist speech. He'll never get reelected if he doesn't make good on what he said today. You need to get past the rich man/poor man politics that the Democrats rely on. It's the politics of envy. This president is a patriot, and he wants a country that's as good to his grandchildren as it's been to him, and he wants everyone else to prosper too. Doesn't mean everything will be perfect, but at least we finally have a guy who's going to try. Better believe he'll use the bully pulpit to go after anyone of any party who tries to block his goals.
How much time do you think populism will buy for Trump? The answer. Just enough time to do exactly what he said he will do to Social Security.He talks about how 'The Establishment" prospered at the expense of the average American .And you rail about how Smith who is as establishment as it gets mauled your pay and benefits. May I make a suggestion? If you are as sick and disease wracked as you say you are and if you haven't already done so then immediately make your first application for Social Security Disability before it's too late. Think he's not going to be as hard on social programs as he claims, look at what he said about people on welfare. No question he's going to kick them off whether he has a job for them or not.

bacha29

How much time do you think populism will buy for Trump? The answer. Just enough time to do exactly what he said he will do to Social Security.He talks about how 'The Establishment" prospered at the expense of the average American .And you rail about how Smith who is as establishment as it gets mauled your pay and benefits. May I make a suggestion? If you are as sick and disease wracked as you say you are and if you haven't already done so then immediately make your first application for Social Security Disability before it's too late. Think he's not going to be as hard on social programs as he claims, look at what he said about people on welfare. No question he's going to kick them off whether he has a job for them or not

vantexan

How much time do you think populism will buy for Trump? The answer. Just enough time to do exactly what he said he will do to Social Security.He talks about how 'The Establishment" prospered at the expense of the average American .And you rail about how Smith who is as establishment as it gets mauled your pay and benefits. May I make a suggestion? If you are as sick and disease wracked as you say you are and if you haven't already done so then immediately make your first application for Social Security Disability before it's too late. Think he's not going to be as hard on social programs as he claims, look at what he said about people on welfare. No question he's going to kick them off whether he has a job for them or not.
I think he will go after able bodied people who milk the system. Good! One of the first things I'm hearing he'll go after is pulling out of the Trans Pacific Partnership. Something Smith badly wants us to be in. So tell me how is that pleasing all the "oligarchs?" If he does everything he says he'll attempt to do and things greatly improve for working people will you support him or will you continue to hate him because he's rich and has a R after his name?

bacha29

Pt's a sign of respect to nations that have become much more powerful due to the global economy and rest assured they're not going to stand to be dissed by Trump because they know that Trump needs them more than they need him.

It will be fine

I doubt you will ever see President Trump bowing to anyone

Yes, I think we can all agree Trump will not show respect to other foreign leaders. I think we probably disagree on how that helps in diplomacy. I'd argue disrespecting other leaders is disgraceful and won't result in benefits to Americans as it will encourage other countries to work against us.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, I think we can all agree Trump will not show respect to other foreign leaders. I think we probably disagree on how that helps in diplomacy. I'd argue disrespecting other leaders is disgraceful and won't result in benefits to Americans as it will encourage other countries to work against us.
True. But it will make rod feel good.