You tell em Donald

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Decreasing them doesn't cut deficits.
58x8WA.gif

bbsam

Staff member
Eliminating Pell Grants would save over $20 billion/year. Cutting federal food assistance programs by half would save around $35 billion/year. Another $25 billion that's being used to subsidize farmers. That's just from a quick Googling of the bigger programs and doesn't include the tons of crap that's buried in the budget.

Our current budget incurs a deficit of 15%. A 15% cut to every item in the budget would balance it.
You are missing the point. It's not a question of taxes and spending. It's a question of what we want and whether we (not future generations) are willing to pay for it.

bbsam

Staff member
Eliminating Pell Grants would save over $20 billion/year. Cutting federal food assistance programs by half would save around $35 billion/year. Another $25 billion that's being used to subsidize farmers. That's just from a quick Googling of the bigger programs and doesn't include the tons of crap that's buried in the budget.

Our current budget incurs a deficit of 15%. A 15% cut to every item in the budget would balance it.
None of those actions comes without significant shock to the economy and future if the country.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And yet we are heading for a fiscal cliff and what I see here is don't cut waste, fraud, and abuse. Don't slow down spending. Take more from everyone. Cut out a program that helps people survive to give to others. And make the country less secure because no one will ever challenge us. So what if they run over our allies, they'll leave us alone. Sounds to me that we're focused on the right here, right now with no concern for the inevitable. And let's not grow the economy, let's grow the government. Cradle to grave.

God, you have nailed it! Not. What we have now is redistribution of wealth upwards and a growth of Republican government oppression.

Mexico awaits you, great Patriot. Jesus, if you you hadn't been so screwed over by your GOP mindset, you might be able to retire in Trumpland.

Conflicted and hypocrite? Yes!

vantexan

God, you have nailed it! Not. What we have now is redistribution of wealth upwards and a growth of Republican government oppression.

Mexico awaits you, great Patriot. Jesus, if you you hadn't been so screwed over by your GOP mindset, you might be able to retire in Trumpland.

Conflicted and hypocrite? Yes!
I'm telling Cheryl!! Hey, your own demigod, JFK, advocated cutting taxes to grow gov't income. Your problem is you can't stand the thought of the wealthy getting wealthier. The politics of envy. When will you ever get that it's the wealthy who create jobs? The more opportunity to create wealth means more jobs created to achieve that wealth. What we have had going on for decades now is not only businesses sending our jobs overseas, but keeping profits out of the country too, profits that could be reinvested here, and allowing millions of foreign nationals to enter illegally and dilute the job pool. So now the average guy on the street has to compete for less jobs with people willing to work for less money. And the folks who do have good jobs here are fine with that because paying less elsewhere keeps more money for their jobs. At the same time one political party sees the illegals made legal with the right to vote as the answer to close elections. So everyone with something to gain forgot about the displaced middle class and the working poor. That's why we have Trump. The Democrats claim to care about us working folk but the possible unionization of FedEx was a major glaring example of their priorities. Trump, who hobnobbed with liberals for decades, friend of Bill and Hillary, saw all this and knew his path was in the Republican party. He saw the disenchantment average Republicans had with their leadership. They spouted all the right things at election time but weren't coming through for anyone but those who stood to gain from the stock market, same ones who filled their campaign coffers. This is why we have Trump. Trump ran all over the country club set which the rank and file saw as a tough guy who might actually get things done. That's why we have Trump. Remains to be seen if being President is bigger than the entrenched establishment or if he's truly sincere. But all your raging, or hundreds of thousands of women wearing pink hats, or the self righteous media lambasting his every word, won't change the fact that this guy did what almost everyone said couldn't be done and he's now the President. If you're going to say over and over that he's stupid, not complex, not sophisticated, well, what have you done lately?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm telling Cheryl!! Hey, your own demigod, JFK, advocated cutting taxes to grow gov't income. Your problem is you can't stand the thought of the wealthy getting wealthier. The politics of envy. When will you ever get that it's the wealthy who create jobs? The more opportunity to create wealth means more jobs created to achieve that wealth. What we have had going on for decades now is not only businesses sending our jobs overseas, but keeping profits out of the country too, profits that could be reinvested here, and allowing millions of foreign nationals to enter illegally and dilute the job pool. So now the average guy on the street has to compete for less jobs with people willing to work for less money. And the folks who do have good jobs here are fine with that because paying less elsewhere keeps more money for their jobs. At the same time one political party sees the illegals made legal with the right to vote as the answer to close elections. So everyone with something to gain forgot about the displaced middle class and the working poor. That's why we have Trump. The Democrats claim to care about us working folk but the possible unionization of FedEx was a major glaring example of their priorities. Trump, who hobnobbed with liberals for decades, friend of Bill and Hillary, saw all this and knew his path was in the Republican party. He saw the disenchantment average Republicans had with their leadership. They spouted all the right things at election time but weren't coming through for anyone but those who stood to gain from the stock market, same ones who filled their campaign coffers. This is why we have Trump. Trump ran all over the country club set which the rank and file saw as a tough guy who might actually get things done. That's why we have Trump. Remains to be seen if being President is bigger than the entrenched establishment or if he's truly sincere. But all your raging, or hundreds of thousands of women wearing pink hats, or the self righteous media lambasting his every word, won't change the fact that this guy did what almost everyone said couldn't be done and he's now the President. If you're going to say over and over that he's stupid, not complex, not sophisticated, well, what have you done lately?

Trump is such a tough guy that he's never worked a manual labor job in his life, or heard an insult or criticism he couldn't be offended by. Jeez, he's the biggest butt-hurt person I've ever seen. Everything he does has to be bigger and better than anyone else.

He's all talk, and let's see him produce the taxes that will prove he is a legitimate President. Everything he has accomplished so far has been basically threats against Big Business, who have responded with token deals that both placate Trump and make it appear as though they're helping make America great again, when it's really business as usual.

My Dad didn't give me a YUGE multi-million dollar head start and half of NYC's commercial properties.

Oh, and Trump is killing Mexico by scapegoating them for many of our problems. I'm guessing now is a great time to be an American moving there, right? WE moved our plants there, mostly businesses run by Republican-leaning leaders. Now, it's their fault for working in OUR plants for substandard US level wages that are decent in Mexico.

In other words, Trump is torpedoing Free Trade and Free Markets, which many establishment Republicans actually believe in. That won't sit well with them, nor will Buchanan-style protectionism, which is a really bad idea in a global economy.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Neither did his.

He will never put his tax returns on display.

Really? Fred Trumpf basically handed Donald a gigantic check? And why won't he put the tax returns on display? Because they are damaging, and he is an effing liar.

Speaking of Fred's, our own beloved Smith has come out strongly against Trump's anti-Free Trade policies without condemning Trump's other actions. Free market economics don't synch at all with protectionism.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But to hear Democrats Obama did a fantastic job and Hillary would've too. If this is as good as it gets we really are screwed.

You hate subsidized health care, but you're fleeing to Mexico to take advantage of their subsidized health care. Is that correct? Your bountiful FedEx retirement, provided by a rabid Republican, is inadequate to allow you to stay in your own country. Is that correct?

Mexico's peso is dropping like a rock because of Trump's anti-Mexico rhetoric, but you want to take full advantage of the devalued peso to suit your own needs, among them numerous health issues. Is that correct?

God, you sound kind of like a Republican hypocrite. Your own great country can't support your own needs and you need to run away to a poor country that can, all the while taking advantage of poor Mexicans...because you can.

vantexan

Trump is such a tough guy that he's never worked a manual labor job in his life, or heard an insult or criticism he couldn't be offended by. Jeez, he's the biggest butt-hurt person I've ever seen. Everything he does has to be bigger and better than anyone else.

He's all talk, and let's see him produce the taxes that will prove he is a legitimate President. Everything he has accomplished so far has been basically threats against Big Business, who have responded with token deals that both placate Trump and make it appear as though they're helping make America great again, when it's really business as usual.

My Dad didn't give me a YUGE multi-million dollar head start and half of NYC's commercial properties.

Oh, and Trump is killing Mexico by scapegoating them for many of our problems. I'm guessing now is a great time to be an American moving there, right? WE moved our plants there, mostly businesses run by Republican-leaning leaders. Now, it's their fault for working in OUR plants for substandard US level wages that are decent in Mexico.

In other words, Trump is torpedoing Free Trade and Free Markets, which many establishment Republicans actually believe in. That won't sit well with them, nor will Buchanan-style protectionism, which is a really bad idea in a global economy.
Everything you write screams envy. And that's just it, globalization is killing our working class. Surprised you're against the working man! Here's the thing about Mexico. 400 families control the country. And we're heading that direction. Think it's bad now wait until $500 a month is a very good wage and 3 or 4 generations share the same house. You just can't get past he's rich and a Republican.

vantexan

Really? Fred Trumpf basically handed Donald a gigantic check? And why won't he put the tax returns on display? Because they are damaging, and he is an effing liar.

Speaking of Fred's, our own beloved Smith has come out strongly against Trump's anti-Free Trade policies without condemning Trump's other actions. Free market economics don't synch at all with protectionism.
If there was anything illegal in his returns why didn't the Dems and the IRS nail him before the election?

vantexan

You hate subsidized health care, but you're fleeing to Mexico to take advantage of their subsidized health care. Is that correct? Your bountiful FedEx retirement, provided by a rabid Republican, is inadequate to allow you to stay in your own country. Is that correct?

Mexico's peso is dropping like a rock because of Trump's anti-Mexico rhetoric, but you want to take full advantage of the devalued peso to suit your own needs, among them numerous health issues. Is that correct?

God, you sound kind of like a Republican hypocrite. Your own great country can't support your own needs and you need to run away to a poor country that can, all the while taking advantage of poor Mexicans...because you can.
I hate what socialized healthcare does to the quality of healthcare. I won't be using the Mexican system because it's sub par. I'll pay my way in a much more affordable country.

I realized long before the traditional pension was terminated that the U.S. was too expensive for working class fools like me to have a decent retirement. I've been researching since the mid-90's. My preferred areas to retire are in the Balkans and the Caucasus. But Mexico has gotten so affordable lately we'll be there until my dog dies. And might stay if we like it enough. But don't act all high and mighty. You disdain Mexico and wouldn't stoop to live in what you consider is beneath you. You'd actually like it because most expats are raging liberals. And spending my money there helps Mexico. I won't exploit anyone.

You just can't get that way too much money has been spent, way too much is owed, and now the piper has to be paid. The elite of both parties have been setting themselves up to do well no matter the economy, and the rest of us are going to have to settle for much less. Or we can get a President that'll fight for us. Obama sure as hell didn't.